UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Monster Fever..!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Monster Fever..!!!

Hello all..

At last a place to talk Monster.

I just found this site, It's like a breath of fresh air.

Lots of folk on here in Norfolk aswell, I notice. Very encouraging.

Sadly I do not yet have a Monster again. My 40th bike was a 1998 M900, three years old when I got it, and immaculate.

Most definatly the best Bike I ever had, and I had some gems too. Moto Morini 31/2, Ducati 750ss, lots of Bonnies and Ajays and Matchlesses.

The current bike (No41) is a Triumph Sprint ST 955i...God it's awful, I got side tracked whilst looking for a Trident T160V..As soon as I sell it I will be hunting a Monster down.!

There seem to be a lot more Monster variants now, since I was in the picture. I notice that they have lost the hoop from swinging arm to rear shock rocker, and gained a frame tube above the footrest hanger. Lots of different engine sizes too, and restyled clutch covers and stuff. I will do my best to catch up.

It's the "early" Monster that I like the look of and the 900 engine is my favorite, although I did ride a "916" Monster when they came out and I liked it a LOT, except the engine was not such eye candy as the 900.

I will be looking for a cheapie or even a Cat C or D salvage bike, as cash is somwhat of an issue, and any way I like a challenge...Most of my bikes have been completly or patialy re-built, I have a few subtle styling ideas and access to a 3D CNC router..!!
I have a vague idea that an ST2 would make a half decent Monster, but not too sure about that big ugly rad up the front and that plumbing....would it count among these ranks.?

Here's hoping to be telling you all about my new Monster very soon (any one want a Triumph Sprint???)

Cheers

Gazza
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote