UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Biker Friendly Cafes/Hotels etc » Boundary Norwich

Old 19-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
gremlin

Boundary Norwich

MY mate Lou has just taken over the Boundary pub in Norwich. It will be basically an homage to the Ace so any petrolheads are welcome. There will be Italian nights which when I know when they are I'll put a post up. There will also be a lady riders club which will meet monthly which will also be posted up so if any of the girls want to risk a trip to the arse end of the country you'll be more than welcome. Until all is finalised please pop in if in the area. Lou's lovely and a monnie owner to boot and could do with some support while trying to get things off the ground. Oh and there's live music with some cracking bands most weekends.
Old 19-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
neilbaldry

where abouts in the city is it missy?
Old 19-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...undary/Norwich

Read the reviews!

I wish her all the best and hope she does turn it around.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
gremlin

On the Aylsham Road at the traffic lights with Mile Cross Road opposite Oddbins or Bottoms up. We're in most Saturdays, although not next one due to party, but will be in on this Sunday possibly, and next Sunday for drinks with the Sunday Club guys. If you like a very fast ride out these guys meet the last Sunday of the month, although at the mo they are just being social sans bikes. The criteria for being a member is to ride out three times and survive! If you can make it that would be cool.
There are some cracking bands lined up for the future including some good festival bands.
Will keep you posted as to when the Italian night is due.
Reading the reviews I think Lou could do with the support. Although so far things have been okay due to chavs being scared of leather clad, tattooed, pierced bikers! If only they knew what softies most of them are. Mac is an ex doorman and won't stand for any nonsense so hopefully things will stay calm! The Edward never had any problems and the philosophy has been taken to the Boundary so hopefully it will be as good.
Nonnie are you going to Heidis on Saturday for her 40th?
Old 19-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
Scotty

can you sleep the night off in the beer garden ?
Old 19-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
gremlin

I'm sure we can put you up if you need a bed! Due to living out of the city one of us is always driving so you're more than welcome. We have permission to stay at the pub if we both want to drink due to Lou being a good mate and there used to be camping at the Edward after parties. The new neighbours aren't as laid back so I guess we'll have to see. Pm me if you want to come over, our spare room is more of a general dumping ground at the mo but anyone is welcome to crash. Perhaps that isn't the right phraseology considering the forum!
Old 19-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Bike: S4Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
The criteria for being a member is to ride out three times and survive!
Idiots only need apply then.
Old 19-01-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
neilbaldry

Maybe a UKMOC 'enmasse' delegation should attend the first Italian bike nite? Or maybe a full frontal attack is in order?

And in retort to Rod's comment; I totally agree, motorbiking is about so much more than riding in a (sometimes) dangerously fast manner as to simply scare yourself silly.
Old 20-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #9
gremlin

i think sarah has got the wrong idea of the sunday club, its a club with no rules what so ever. it was started by a former member of satans slaves who got pi55ed of by the constant demands of having to attend club meetings and the general back patch club thing in general. so he started the sunday club and he was adamant that there went going to be any rules of membership. ride out once a month or once a year it doesnt matter, ride as fast or slow as you like, providing you just make it to the destination , its ride out 3 times with them to gain full membership and get a tee shirt .. admittedly when i first joined it was all balls out road racing , (one regular rider has been on the isle of man tt podium a couple of times, another is Les Harris super twin drag team rider who came second in europe in his rookie season last year ) but its calmed down a lot over the years, and people ride at their own pace, no pressure, just a great group of guys and lasses who enjoy bikes( doesnt matter what make ), telling their stories, booze and partying
Mr Gremlin
Old 20-01-2008, 09:51 AM   #10
Scotty

wow now there's an offer, I've never really been anywhere near the south east, maybe in the summer.
Old 20-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Scotty don't do it! People who come to Norfolk are never the same after. You'll end up staring into space and keeping chickens.

Noooooooo

Old 20-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #12
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnie View Post
Scotty don't do it! People who come to Norfolk are never the same after. You'll end up staring into space and keeping chickens.

Noooooooo
that will be the norfolk moonshine that does it
Mr G
Old 13-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #13
gremlin

Update on the pub, Lou now has a myspace site to give notice of bands and events etc it's www.myspace.com/the_boundary. Details of ladies events, shows, and hopefully other bike related events such as classic and Italian nights.
Old 13-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #14
Nonnie
Dipstick!

You're doing well to keep her advertised Gremlin. I hope things go well there for them. Maybe I'll get there one night, Italian would be nice.

Old 13-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #15
scrumpster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
wow now there's an offer, I've never really been anywhere near the south east, maybe in the summer.
South East - Norwich!!! Ha ha ha ha ha