UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Web Page & Forum :. » Help and Site FAQ's » Important: Please Read!

Old 26-05-2022, 12:08 PM   #31
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I could try but I won't.
I can however turn out the lights on my way out, the power to prevent that is in everyone elses hands.
Tick tock, tick tock...
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2022, 12:10 PM   #32
Nasher

Bike: M900
It goes without saying really that those who are interested, and/or concerned, enough about it to reply to this thread are possibly the ones who should be volunteering
Bugger.
Old 26-05-2022, 01:57 PM   #33
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Well all 3 or my potential suggested members have already indicated that they don't want to or can't fill the position. There are a couple of others who I would suggest but will have to see if there is willing?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2022, 05:04 PM   #34
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Once the split from DMH takes place, running this show will be much more straightforward, it essentially boils down to keeping the forum alive and moderating new members (which I do daily on the whole). Perhaps a little cajoling of area reps as well and maybe, if it suits, organising a few things like a little paid advertising to help with costs - if as Rob says forum hosting is around £6-700 plus a few other costs then selling some advert space to half a dozen independants should be pretty easy once a year. Everyone know UKMOC in the trade so it's a cheap source of business for a very modest outlay.

That being said, what the UKMOC really needs is fresh hands at the top, not necessarily to reinvent the club but to guide it and preserve the "nice corner of the internet" it has become. It's an absolute mine of useful info, be a shame to lose that.

Nasher - to your point, you may well have hit the nail on the head, the regular posters on here are quite few in number but they are also the passionate ones who love both the bikes and the UKMOC!! If you want to chat about what I've done club wise in the past and how much time is sucks up, give me a call if you like

Ped
Old 27-05-2022, 06:33 PM   #35
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

there really is no forum without those who regularly post on here, the key members, so if they don't want or are unwilling to steer the forum then there will be no forum moving forward. Yes there are a few new members here and there but it is still a core of half a dozen or so who keep this thing alive, if they don't want to step up and keep it going then unfortunately it will die.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2022, 08:13 PM   #36
slob

I’ve said this before:

The Forum is the Club, the Club is the Forum.

*with apologies for misquoting Frank Herbert
Old 27-05-2022, 10:32 PM   #37
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
I've deliberately refrained from commenting, until now, as I felt the dust needed to settle from Rob etc deciding to resign.

Reading through the details, in the various comments, it strikes me there are several options/ direction the club/forum could go.

Stay with DOC, allowing the core of the club to be changed over time by the dictates of Italy.
Resign from DOC at the end of the year, therefore allowing UKMOC and any signatures to any legal documents the ability to move away from DOC without reprocessions.
These two would require a new ( larger)team to run the club/forum, steering UKMOC into the future.

Close the doors and switch the lights out.
I'm not in favour of this option.

Personally, the set up requires a complete restructuring across the board for UKMOC to move forward, which would allow the first two options to be viable.

Moving away from DOC makes most sense. I've always thought Bologna, over a period of time, would want more control over any affiliated club.The

I think we have time to come up with a viable plan, rather than make a hasty decision.
Old 27-05-2022, 11:07 PM   #38
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
Cut ties with DOC. I can see no benefit from the connection other than the one the DOC would gain over this loose collection of enthusiasts
I’ve been a quite member of UKMOC for a long time, I would hate to see it go, though have not the time or skills to help.
I’ve seen friendly club spirit disappear in other places with these reorganisations with misguided attempts to ‘organise’, any suggestion of facebook involvement would be the death of this place too.
Old 28-05-2022, 12:04 PM   #39
slob

Again I think the name change thing is a distraction, the Italians might even backtrack before the end of the year. Although ‘seat of the pants’ polling says the opinion is overwhelmingly divorce is imminent.
Old 29-05-2022, 03:23 PM   #40
slob

tick, tick, tick …
Old 06-06-2022, 08:27 AM   #41
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
I’d like to say a big thank you to Slob and Pedro for all their hard work running the club over the years. Also to all the regional reps and those who have organised Weekenders!

I’d like to see the club stay as the UKMOC as that’s what and who we are. I’ve got a lot of pins and wrist bands which are from our affiliation but they’re just sitting in an envelope and I’m sure I won’t miss receiving any more (apart from all the hassle it is for Slob to send them all out) and I know it’s more involved than just the change of name.

I thought about selling my S2R and bought a KTM 790 Duke (which will be up for sale soon if anyone wants one!), but the old girl has had a full service and been back out and about and I remember why I fell in love with it in the first place!

I hope you have had time to read Slob’s post fully and new folks will consider stepping forward to take the reins. I’m happy to stay as Wiltshire rep and let’s hope now we are starting to get some normality back in the world that we can get out and about a bit more.

Old 14-06-2022, 11:18 AM   #42
slob

We have some future shape for the club forming. If anyone else is interested in taking up the reins, now would be the time to step forward. Let me know privately if you don't want to post on this thread.
Old 24-07-2022, 08:04 AM   #43
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Hi Slob

Any news.
It seems to have gone a bit quiet on the leadership hunt with the end of July fast approaching as the dead line.
It would be nice to know if any body is taking over the club presidency and the officers positions
Old 24-07-2022, 05:12 PM   #44
slob

Yes, it looks like we have a solution and probably a slightly longer handover
Old 24-07-2022, 07:17 PM   #45
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Yes, it looks like we have a solution and probably a slightly longer handover