UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Wdw 2022

Old 18-11-2021, 03:08 PM   #1
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Wdw 2022

From Ducati this afternoon:

”WDW is back!

We can't wait to welcome you to the Misano World Circuit, from July 22nd to 24th 2022!
There are still uncertainties related to the pandemic in the organization of the events but we are constantly monitoring the situation and will make every effort to organize the 11th edition of WDW in compliance with all the rules that will be necessary to ensure the safety of the participants.”

….fingers crossed!

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/experie...ld-ducati-week

Last edited by slob; 18-11-2021 at 03:32 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2021, 05:42 PM   #2
Wrider

Bike: S4r
Looking at Airbnb’s! Hope it stays on as it’s on my bucket list.
Wrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 03:21 PM   #3
Wrider

Bike: S4r
I thought this thread would be more popular, is no one else going?
Wrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 03:27 PM   #4
slob

I’ll wait and see what travel looks like in the spring but probably, I’ve been to all of them since 2010…
Old 20-11-2021, 03:33 PM   #5
Kato
Dismantled

Great that its on but I fear they will restrict it to a point that will be way too fun sapping, the event will end up a shadow of what it should be, hope I'm wrong but not going to bother all the same

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 09:07 PM   #6
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
I thought this thread would be more popular, is no one else going?
I've attended four times. The format has been generally the same for the last three.
Capo use to organize several vans from the UK with Max (pomp) with riders and bikes for the last 3/4 WDW's?
Unfortunately he passed away last year.
Might be worth messaging Max to see if transport is being organized for next year.
If you prefer to ride down, it's worth the time just to go over the Alps and passed the Italian lakes.
Old 21-11-2021, 12:20 AM   #7
stopintime

Bike: S2r
Wouldn't it be great if half the normal crowd stayed home? It has been too crowded IMO.

Since my Geoff-organized debut in 2010, I've been in the mountains and/or Bologna/Tuscany and/or attending WSBK and/or WDW every year. I even managed to ride slalom between open/closed/open countries in '20 and '21. So, I'm going to be in Italy around that time anyway.

I'm getting a ticket. Just to be able to book the free 20 min track session. It's usually around £80. Half that for DOC clubs? I will also book a hotel, but only if they accept cancelation.

However: We/you/they don't have enough pandemic 'control' to gather many tenths of thousands. The Italians are sad amateurs with regards to logistics to begin with. Asking them to manage a full scale WDW and all the extra pandemic crowd control

In a couple of months Ducati will have to push the button. Yes/no. From there they can't go back/get out of contracts. If they at that point don't have enough early ticket sales, positive feedback from clubs AND enough hotel bookings.... I fear they're canceling. "All you have to fear, is fear itself"?

We'll see....
stopintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:22 PM   #8
stopintime

Slob and bunch... any news about WDW?

Tickets would normally be on sale by now? (EDIT: my mistake, usually a couple of months later)

Last edited by stopintime; 14-05-2022 at 11:17 AM..
Old 13-04-2022, 10:14 AM   #9
slob

Starting from April 13th 2022 you will have the possibility to order the WDW 2022 passes.

Each active member registered with MyDucati will receive starting from that date an e-mail containing a personal and unique code that will allow the purchase of the WDW2022 pass at a special DOC rate:
Pass Biker DOC 3 days at € 60 instead of € 100
Pass Visitor DOC 3 days at € 55 instead of € 70
Pass Biker DOC 1 day at € 35 instead of € 55
Pass Visitor DOC 1 day at € 30 instead of € 45
Old 13-05-2022, 07:09 AM   #10
stopintime

Who's going?

Do you know of any, Slob?
Old 14-05-2022, 05:11 AM   #11
slob

I’m afraid I don’t know Lars, sadly it’s looking increasingly unlikely for me.
Old 14-05-2022, 07:34 AM   #12
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Not me this time

I'm not going this time. There was just too much uncertainty about the Coronaphobia panicdemic bureaucratic requirements for me to want to plan a trip. As I tend to make a full European bike tour going through lots of countries (record 4 in one day on 2016's Europe by cake WDW trip,UK, France, Belgium & Luxembourg on the 1st day) I didn't want to risk one country scuppering my plans with unbearable test requirements, mask rules, insistence on installing Covid phone apps, paperwork or even last minute lockdowns etc. I'd normally start planning in January. As it is Italy is not planning to ditch insistence on FFP2 masks on public transport & some indoor places until 15 June.

Hopefully by 2024 the world will have returned to a degree of sanity and less Coronaphobia jitteriness so planning a proper trip will be possible.
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2022, 09:11 AM   #13
stopintime

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
I’m afraid I don’t know Lars, sadly it’s looking increasingly unlikely for me.
I understand. Health/body issues still? Not a very interesting place to be if one isn't quite fit.

I've been in the Alps (plus a bit further south in Italy) every year since 2010 - including both Corona years. I've become familiar with most aspects of travelling on a bike in the snow, rain and back up to 42 degrees Celsius. The first time in 42 degrees, PLUS sun (effectively 55-60) we smiled and adapted. The second time I regretted it. Since then I simply try to avoid it.
Old 14-05-2022, 09:23 AM   #14
stopintime

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC_772 View Post
I'm not going this time. There was just too much uncertainty about the Coronaphobia panicdemic bureaucratic requirements for me to want to plan a trip. As I tend to make a full European bike tour going through lots of countries (record 4 in one day on 2016's Europe by cake WDW trip,UK, France, Belgium & Luxembourg on the 1st day) I didn't want to risk one country scuppering my plans with unbearable test requirements, mask rules, insistence on installing Covid phone apps, paperwork or even last minute lockdowns etc. I'd normally start planning in January. As it is Italy is not planning to ditch insistence on FFP2 masks on public transport & some indoor places until 15 June.

Hopefully by 2024 the world will have returned to a degree of sanity and less Coronaphobia jitteriness so planning a proper trip will be possible.
Most people have stayed at home for exactly those reasons. It was time consuming and boring to plan and always with a significant degree of uncertainty. The result was that 'everybody' vacationed at home in Norway, decided late, jammed the roads and doubled hotel prices.

However - once planned and prepared it wasn't problematic at all to do Europe in 2020 and 2021 on a bike. I make plans and book ferry Oslo/Kiel, train through Germany and hotels in January. With good cancelation policies. No worries.

Maybe I'll see some of you next year
Old 14-05-2022, 11:04 AM   #15
slob

I have no problem with being in Italy, either temperature or pandemic wise, after all the Italians were the first Europeans to learn about CoViD the hard way. Right now I’m still struggling to work out how I can continue riding with any degree of safety.