UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M1100 » Removing the Silly fairing on M1100 evo

Old 31-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #16
solomoto

Had a look today and there are only two holes, if i remove the bikini behind the clocks there is a heap of wiring and two threaded holes to hold the black cover. Are you thinking the 4 for the bikini on the 2 for the cover ? its the cover ones I was after.

Thanks
ian
Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #17
neilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomoto View Post
Had a look today and there are only two holes, if i remove the bikini behind the clocks there is a heap of wiring and two threaded holes to hold the black cover. Are you thinking the 4 for the bikini on the 2 for the cover ? its the cover ones I was after.

Thanks
ian
Yes, just the two you need to hold the cover on the back of the clocks. I have some stainless steel ones with flanged heads...if you want a couple, plus some spares...
Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #18
solomoto

Smile

That would be fantastic, if you don't mind. I will pm you me address.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #19
neilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomoto View Post
That would be fantastic, if you don't mind. I will pm you me address.
No worries.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #20
simontt

The bits which I got from the dealer include the 2 screws and the black plastic clock cover.

There are also 2 black large hard plastic washer (about 3 cm diameter with the hole around 1cm) - are they meant to be sued for the fitting of the plastic clock cover?
Old 04-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
neilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by simontt View Post
The bits which I got from the dealer include the 2 screws and the black plastic clock cover.

There are also 2 black large hard plastic washer (about 3 cm diameter with the hole around 1cm) - are they meant to be sued for the fitting of the plastic clock cover?
No, they're for the seat, when screwing the big bolts back in without the seat cowl.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #22
simontt

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
No, they're for the seat, when screwing the big bolts back in without the seat cowl.
That make perfect sense - thanks Neilo.

Will get the fairing removed tomorrow - somehow the the "shell" looking fairing looks wrong on the monster and offers next to nothing in terms of protection
Old 04-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #23
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by simontt View Post
...... are they meant to be sued for the fitting of the plastic clock cover?
Maybe just a stern ticking off would do on this occaision, as long as they promise never to do it again........
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #24
simontt

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Maybe just a stern ticking off would do on this occaision, as long as they promise never to do it again........
Thanks for pointing out the typo - shame there is no sense check function

Rode the bike with fairing removed yesterday - did not feel anything different , the clock remains clean despite rain, which indicates that it's just a cosmetic add-on.

The front end now looks much better - should be like that from day 1 imho.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: