UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M1100 » 1100 Evo Test Ride

Old 09-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #16
Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletrack View Post
The black doesn't have a black frame - it is a silver grey.
I think the body kits would look better on that frame rather than a red one
True, my mistake.

The kit I have in mind already has a bit of red in it, so would go well I reckon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Thats a lovely bike singletrack, for me if the cans were a shade darker similar the the engine case or frame it would me it perfect.

Enjoy
That's a cracking idea...
Old 09-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #17
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Thats a lovely bike singletrack, for me if the cans were a shade darker similar the the engine case or frame it would me it perfect.

Enjoy
Thank You.

Don't worry - carbon Termis are being fitted next week
Old 09-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #18
Bonzo

Can you pop a pic up when you get your Termis fitted?

Be nice to see them on a black Evo
Old 09-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #19
Bonzo

..ooh and great reveiw & pics Tomfoolery
Old 09-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
Tomfoolery

Cheers! The parts catalogue on the Ducati website is pretty extensive, but ****e to browse, IMO. Hyside didn't have one for the 1100 Evo, or a price list which was dissappointing. Hopefully another dealer will have one.

Aside from the tank melting/changing shape and leaking - are there any other known faults? Hyside assured me the tank thing isn't a problem anymore...
Old 09-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #21
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomfoolery View Post
Cheers! The parts catalogue on the Ducati website is pretty extensive, but ****e to browse, IMO. Hyside didn't have one for the 1100 Evo, or a price list which was dissappointing. Hopefully another dealer will have one.

Aside from the tank melting/changing shape and leaking - are there any other known faults? Hyside assured me the tank thing isn't a problem anymore...
Ones we as a club have known about had or heard are these

Early models mainly 696 had a weeping oil leak from bolt and or lefthand cover due to poor sealing gasket. Rally had his happen the other week. Not a big deal but aware.
A known leaking tank. By the way a lot smell but dont leak. Mine has an odour when full.
( I will wait for the gaffs on that one )
Fronts discs replaced due to warping. Mine were and replaced under warrenty. A small batch known.

I dont know of any other issues so far. Not had any reason to worry and very happy with my bike.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #22
Tomfoolery

Sounds alright to me, and mostly batch issues.

From a home servicing point of view, the belts are the same setup as earlier Dukes right? Anyone know how you adjust the valves (shim and bucket or locknut or whatever?) Not worked on a Desmo head before.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #23
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Sounds alright to me, and mostly batch issues.

From a home servicing point of view, the belts are the same setup as earlier Dukes right? Anyone know how you adjust the valves (shim and bucket or locknut or whatever?) Not worked on a Desmo head before.
I have for the first time bought a new one. So I took to a dealer and very happy with them @ Ducati ashford ( Laguna's )
First service was £180 thats the yearly one where they found the discs problem. Just had service 2 ie 24 month with belts. Mileage was low so nothing major. Cost as expected was £440 but 4 hrs plus , actually more like 5 as they knew I was going to UKMOC trackday and wanted it right for me. But I got to play on the EVO for free.
After 2 years the warranty can be extended at a cost but you can use who you trust or prefer. If you a good mechanic diy but their are some things I would leve to a trained ducati guy. The biggest problem you would face is the predetermined dash service light. It needs software system to be turned off.
Basic stuff is fine. Brakes ,oil change etc. Shims I wouldnt as you need a kit .
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #24
fuelline

Stop ****ing about Tom, and hiding over here...get it bought...
Old 10-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #25
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIj3nSJGPZw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WQY1MRlmH4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vzPZ84ZRjU
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #26
Marcus

Quote:
I'm riding familar roads I used to commute 300 miles a week on and give it some. The tyres feel great (standard Pirellia Diablo somethings) and kick out a surprising amount of heat when I stop. I have a crack at some faster corners and take advantage of the stability. I've yet to work out how to ride it, so stop hanging off and get onto it. Arse stays where it is, I drop my shoulder and lean in to some 90mph sweepers, bars shimmy-ing over the bigger bumps. I'm laughing the entire time. Full throttle is reached quickly, gears snicked in, exhaust is roaring. It bangs and spits as I change down, seeing if I can feel the slipper clutch working, but I can't. It feels like the reciprocating parts of the engine are tiny, and making a disproportionate amount of power. What an engine. What a noise. What a bike. I want it.

I stop in a village I've photographed many bikes in, but I don't want to hang around. I don't care about taking loads of shots, I want to jump on a ride the thing. Never had that on a test ride before...

I'm frustratedly flicking through menus on the dash, trying to find the TC settings and such, but can't work it out. Seems there are four modes, but I can't cycle through them. I'm hoping one of them is a 'makes you ride like Stoner' mode.

I get back, and start talking. I don't ask for discount, he doesn't mention it. He has no prices for parts I'm interested in (the downloadable data USB thing, tail-tidy etc), which is annoying. £200 a month he comes up with. Hmmm...very, very interesting. But he doesn't seem interested. Unlike the fat prick who turned up in some off-road Audi who he couldn't be more helpful too. Git.

I want it. Time to start cleaning up the GS...
I bought it!

Owned 2 1200GS BTW. Most unreliable things I've ever had,
Old 11-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #27
Tomfoolery

That exact bike? Cool! Wish I could've afforded it.

I've heard of loads of problems with the 12s but have never ridden or owned one. Never had any real issues with my two 1100s, aside from normal bike ****.