UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M1100 » M1100S Colour Therapy'd

Old 31-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
MON

M1100S Colour Therapy'd

Well, I've finally succumbed to the "fashionable" pearl white.

Although I like some of the other colours available, most don't go well with the red frame and I've always liked the S4RS in white with a red frame, so I thought I'd do something similar.

Considering what's in the kit, it makes the individual panels look rather expensive, as the whole lot, including the front mudguard I didn't fit was less than the two tank panels when bought separately.

I've also revamped my oil cooler cover with a carbon one, with gold mesh to protect the matrix.

It's not all finished quite yet, I've have one more addition, but that won't be ready for another couple of weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M1100S 002.jpg (32.4 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg M1100S 004.jpg (31.4 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg M1100S 005.jpg (31.6 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg M1100S 006.jpg (31.1 KB, 191 views)
Old 31-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
PDL

Mmmmmmmmmmm, nice in white. I also like the mudgaurd and nice touch with the red white and green on the fairing.
Old 31-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
oh im so jealous you got the red frame. thats the look im after. i do like the carbon oil cooler inner. i have the outsides. did you get off german ebay.

also whats the price for colour therapy. want black as well.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
MON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
oh im so jealous you got the red frame. thats the look im after. i do like the carbon oil cooler inner. i have the outsides. did you get off german ebay.

also whats the price for colour therapy. want black as well.
Thanks Albie.

The carbon oil cooler covers are from Germany. They're decent quality, but still took a little careful modification with a Dremel to get them to fit properly. I also had to use different bolts to fit the rectifier. Otherwise I'm very happy with them.

The Colour Therapy kits are £380 inc. vat. For that you get the nose, pillion seat cover, the tank panels and a front mudguard. There is a colour chart at Ducati dealers, but what it doesn't show is that the white and black are also available. Considering each side of the tank retails at approx. £150 per side, the kits are pretty good value by Ducati standards and could make the basis of some pretty interesting specials. I did consider doing something with the blue one along the lines of the Smrz Guandalini Racing SBK bike, but the red frame would've clashed and as I posted earlier, I love the S4RS in white with a red frame.
Old 31-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Cool

Benetton bikes then! Different coloured panels all round ........ Mmmmmmmmmm!

They are like big airfix bikes!

Yorkie
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

i also fitted rectifier side today. good quality carbon but i had to fettle the piece where the centre pushes in. also as you say the standard bolts are m6 and i had to run a m5 tap through as was not cleared through. i think some resin was left in there. look great but lacks the centre. going to get one of those.

good choice of colour. can i borrow your red lol. finally fitted tail tidy and the sent bolts the 2 front ones are at least 5mm short. 10mm short on instructions. they have been informed but it fits great and looks great. raised my termis up to secondbolt level now.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
Redkite

Is the white plain white or is it pearl white (same as the 696)?
Bike looks great!

Stu
Old 01-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redkite View Post
Is the white plain white or is it pearl white (same as the 696)?
Bike looks great!

Stu
Yer looks really good!

The Red makes the trellis frame stand out
Old 02-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #9
MON

It's pearl rather than flat white.

I'm doing something a little different with the lower centre section up the tank, but I'll be a couple of weeks yet...
Old 17-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
MON

A Little More Therapy for Me

I've now got the tank lower centre finished how I want it and I'm really pleased.

Many thanks to Big Steve in Mansfield for an excellent job and also Neil at Cornerspeed for not only recommending him, but also sourcing me a new centre section and getting it over there for painting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colour Therapy 2 003.jpg (31.5 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg Colour Therapy 2 005.jpg (27.3 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Colour Therapy 2 006.jpg (29.2 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by MON; 17-08-2009 at 08:36 PM..
Old 17-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #11
Snips

That looks superb.

May I suggest continuing the stripe down the seat cowl?
Old 17-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #12
Pomp1

really nice look!
Old 18-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #13
Scootaboy

big thumbs up!
Old 18-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #14
benson

Now that looks lovely - and I like the idea of the seat cowl being decorated too....
Old 18-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #15
OplayneO

looks great, i did enquire if they could i could have the white 696 with a red frame when i bought mine, i wish they had told me that they were bringing/brought out the panels and i could have bought a red one like you!!

there was someone selling white tank sides, front mudgaurd and screen on ebay for about £170 posted. i was considering buying the lot and doing my own paint job on them but talked myself out it for some reason, probably as i would never get round to it.