UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Well, that makes a change

Old 31-03-2022, 06:54 PM   #16
Dennis menace

Bike: Other Ducati
My renewal from Bikesure is a few pounds cheaper than last year. According to them it is 3.1% less (approximately :-))
Dennis
Dennis menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 11:27 AM   #17
dunf

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
I would but it's not easy as the bikes, being modified, agreed value etc. all need to be talked through and can't do online so it takes a while, which is why I've been with them for some years as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

Took me around 45 minutes to get it all sorted with the new company, I was going to try a few others but was happy enough with the first I tried (Footman James, BTW) so, as you say their (Carole Nash) loss.

The only oddity is that, because the bikes are on a classic policy by virtue of being 20+ years old then the 'riding other bikes' is also only for 20+ yr old bikes - so I can only borrow yer bike if it's an old'un...
I've the same bother as you. My quote doubled this year. Of my 4 bikes, 2 are modern, 2 are classic, 1 of each is highly modified and the 2 classics have agreed values. Its a nightmare setup with the current insurance 'rules'. I used to be with Carole Nash but now been with Bemoto for a few years. I was also prev with FJ about 10yrs ago but seem to be black-balled from them now after taking them to the ombudsman for malpractice and winning my case. They havent quoted me since.

On the plus side - Bemoto originally said they couldnt lower my (doubled) price because my M1200 was more powerful than anything i had insured before. I provided evidence that I used to race in both 600 and 1000 national series, and they've just come back with £200 off. So about £100 increase form last year which is easier to swallow.
dunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 11:58 AM   #18
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
My renewal came through from Footman James a couple of days ago. Maybe fools day would be a good day to open it and see?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:40 AM   #19
mickj

Bike: M1200s
I got my renewal through for three of my bikes and it's gone up by £1.50.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:59 PM   #20
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgt View Post
I got my renewal through for three of my bikes and it's gone up by £1.50.
That's outrageous, I hope you told them where to stick it!

Dukedesmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:27 PM   #21
boris
More Tools!

That's The Ducs done for another year. My renewal was 3% cheaper, which was a nice surprise as I'd expected an increase due to change of occupation

I always await the renewal with dread, until I remind myself that it's still less than my monthly Council Tax
Old 07-04-2022, 06:41 PM   #22
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I just re-taxed my nigh on 70mpg 900 Monster for 12 months and they charged me £101.

It says £96 on the renewal, which is quite enough.. They slipped another fiver on top on April 1st. Bar stewards!
Old 07-04-2022, 07:15 PM   #23
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

My Footman James renewal is £669.57 when it was £366.38 last year. Ok so I've added an S4R but I don't think I will be continuing with them now.

Old 12-04-2022, 03:22 PM   #24
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Well I just spoke to Footman James about my double premium on my multiibike policy and all they said was that they had to now incliude a primary use bike into the quote and that would account for the increase which they had not included before. I managed to get the quote down by £150 by dropping some options and limiting mileage to 3000 miles a year such as recovery but I still think it stinks! I will have to shop around for any multibike options. Any suggestions? Since I think FJ are now crooked like most of the others?

Old 26-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #25
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I still think classic bike insurance is a rip off. I just made a call to Footman James and they reduced my premium they had originally quoted by £150 just like that. I had to make some concessions regarding mileage PA but the lady was reallly helpful and removed the modern car/bike clause which was pumping up the premium. I'll go with them this year for now but next year I will shop around because I think they are ripping me off.