UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » New brake and clutch lines

Old 30-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #16
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I always like the Goodridge ones, we had a big ‘fishing tackle’ box of fittings and a reels of hose/sleeve in the first shop I worked in, so making lines was a skill I learned a long time ago. You could always adjust the fit with a little tweak of the collars.
Swaged fittings that rotate without leaking at operating pressure sounds like black magic to me, very clever! Thanks for the recommendation.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 04:59 PM   #17
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
I like the Goodridge build-a-line with the screw-on banjos; https://www.goodridge.co.uk/collections/buildaline-kits

You can get any angle and use any fitting (straight, angled etc.) and hose can be any length for a perfect fit.

I don't think they're too bulky in fact, I quite like the 'technical' look of them - got them on all my bikes.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 09:42 AM   #18
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
The Goodridge ones I bought as 3 bits - 2 x SS banjos ( you can get all types with a range of different standard angles in 2 planes) and a hose cut to a set length (variable in c10mm increments) pre fitted with the captive SS rotating olive nuts so fitting was simplicity itself. Because the hose is free to rotate and the banjos at either end are free to rotate until the olive nuts/banjo unions are tightened you can get the route of the line completely set without stressing the pipework at all before you tighten everything up. I will definitely buy Goodridge again when I do my 750SS.

The Venhill brake hose system on the other hand is a complete nightmare as this comes as a kit of parts and getting the PTFE liner to fit over the banjo hose spout was virtually impossible and even when you managed that the olive nut would not move over the expanded section where the hose went over the increased diameter on the banjo hose spout. Not recommended at all.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #19
pooh
Lincolnshire Area Rep

Bike: M900ie
I have used HEL lines on my bikes for years I get them from B&C Express at Potterhanworth near Lincoln speak to Terry he knows Ducati’s inside out, ex spares guy at Italia Lincoln.

Pooh

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: