UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M1100 » Almost 5 years

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #31
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Not the best quality phone pics but he is pleased this time. It went wrong first time. Its the first time he used aluminium and every transfer is different. He used a different base paint this time and is deffo better. Trying to decide the position of the Italian flag now which is now causing a headache. It should be ok but its being sprayed on so the stencil has to be satisfactory to me in the right place. I know I could not have one but he has paint and stencil now and also that was the plan. Also gives me a red for the air intakes too.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #32
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Tank panels now done. Just have to get the new decals printed. I was a bit unsure of them and design but looks like I am going for stock look with DUCATI in satin black and the monster in bright red or ducati red as far as possible to match the air intakes. They will be a bit LOUD wont they lol.

The seat covers being done tomorrow and then custom sprayed Tricolor flag. It will be better than this sample but get the idea. The blacks disappearing into now silver and I want it more antique look but after lots of positioning and playing around I want it on the sides. One side will look wrong for the anoraks but even though I was saying so myself its the rear of the flag as such and will look odd if not paired.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #33
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
It's certainly different. I think I like it?

I would be very hard pushed not to draw on some aircraft type panel lines if I were confronted by so much bare brushed ally.

That Norton that you posted up was really begging for some panel lines especially along the rounded leading edges of the lower fairing, which already look a little like wing leading edges.

It would create the effect of the body work being made up like the skin of an aircraft with different panels forming the shape over ribs and frames....I think it would be cool.

You could also give the effect of lines of flush rivets along some of the panel lines. Perhaps with an appropriatly sized hollow punch pressed onto the surface and gently rotated to scribe a small circle?....A few air brushed shadows here and there....I can see it...
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #34
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

I get where your coming from, To be honest it has gone from it wanting to be simple to something I am unsure about. The good thing is its just a layer and also I have not seen it in the flesh so could be a disaster. The flags have been sprayed on the tail and I am indecisive about them right now as if I am honest it wasn't exactly what I had in mind as I really wanted decals to fit some part of the shape but he was keen to get a stencil and spray them on. I like but I don't always like permanent but as I said before it can always be overlayed.
Right now its got a satin coat but when I see it in the flesh next week it may go full gloss lacquer possibly. The idea of rivets I see but its just a simple look I wanted and not full custom. Like the idea though and if I did I know a guy in Belgium who does.

I think once its all together on the bike it will look so much different.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #35
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
I think you should ditch the flag and instead get 3 telly tubbys, 1 in red, 1 in white and 1 in green

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote