UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Rexxer Ecuador flash

Old 04-07-2020, 06:09 PM   #1
stinger

Bike: M1100s
Note to self must use self checker more !!!

I’m not sure how to read the fault codes. The eml light just goes on and off with the neutral light. It doesn’t really flash a code and nothing on the display.
stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:37 PM   #2
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
If a fault code has been recorded then you'll need to access the menu on the dash to view it using the mode switch on the left switch cluster:

The possible fault codes are...

Note: All the above is for the 1100 Evo so may not be exactly the same on yours (e.g. traction control). But I think most is common to both models.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:06 PM   #3
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Just had a quick peek at the wiring, (bear in mind I'm looking at an Evo rather than an 1100S here), and the front indicators don't share a connector with the headlight so that probably rules out the block connector I mentioned earlier as a source of the problem. However, the indicators do appear to share an earth with the headlight, (as does the horn. Does the horn also stop working when the headlight goes out?). Perhaps a bad earth connection could be the culprit?

Also, try removing and cleaning the large block connector going into the back of the dash.

Having said all that, the fact that this problem has started now, just after you've removed and replaced the ECU, would suggest that the two things are linked.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote