UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Early coffin brake master seal replacement?

Old 25-02-2019, 07:20 PM   #61
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
I think Mr Gazza used his customary ingenuity (and thrift!) and fashioned his own tool...
So complimentary and amusing ... I puffed my chest out and giggled at the same time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbertandsammy View Post
Got my clutch master dis assembled and going to clean it and re assemble tonight hopefully. How did you press in the crush washer when you put it back together? Did a socket work?
JC, I made the 20mm pipe from 22mm as Luddite quoted..
You need a 20mm OD and 17mm ID to fit in the master and clear the rubber shield.
Some time after making the 20mm tube, I found a piece of old shower curtain rail that would have been just the ticket without modification. I can send you a piece if you can wait a couple of days for the postie?

I found that the square cut tube pushed the assembly easily into place, and a single plonk with a hammer seated it perfectly.. No need to welt in home.
I also found that the best way to hold the master to work on it was to clamp it on an old handlebar and nip the handlebar in a vice.

Let me know if you want a bit of tube...PM me your address again please.
Old 26-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #62
bobbertandsammy

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
I think Mr Gazza used his customary ingenuity (and thrift!) and fashioned his own tool...
Thats what I get for not reading a post properly
bobbertandsammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #63
bobbertandsammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
So complimentary and amusing ... I puffed my chest out and giggled at the same time..

JC, I made the 20mm pipe from 22mm as Luddite quoted..
You need a 20mm OD and 17mm ID to fit in the master and clear the rubber shield.
Some time after making the 20mm tube, I found a piece of old shower curtain rail that would have been just the ticket without modification. I can send you a piece if you can wait a couple of days for the postie?

I found that the square cut tube pushed the assembly easily into place, and a single plonk with a hammer seated it perfectly.. No need to welt in home.
I also found that the best way to hold the master to work on it was to clamp it on an old handlebar and nip the handlebar in a vice.

Let me know if you want a bit of tube...PM me your address again please.
I might have something with those sizes but I'll drop you a line if I need that bit. Thanks for the offer, much appreciated.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:11 PM   #64
bobbertandsammy

Well fingers crossed for no leaks overnight but it looks like a success. Managed to find an old 1/4" drive socket that fit great as a drift, have filled it up and will see in the morning if there are any leaks. Thanks for the info