UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » S4/S4 Challenge » Height Adjuster

Old 18-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Question Height Adjuster

Well as Im bored and I really need to do this I think I will ask some advice before proceeding. I have mad the mistake of adjusting the shock and not the height adjuster.
Right its in a relatively awkward place and very tight on spanner space. What size is it. 18 or 19 maybe. Is there a special spanner ? How much can I jack it. I tend to bottom the bellypan out 2 up and thats mostly what I ride. Possibly 1/4 " on both ends ??.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Well as Im bored and I really need to do this I think I will ask some advice before proceeding. I have mad the mistake of adjusting the shock and not the height adjuster.
Right its in a relatively awkward place and very tight on spanner space. What size is it. 18 or 19 maybe. Is there a special spanner ? How much can I jack it. I tend to bottom the bellypan out 2 up and thats mostly what I ride. Possibly 1/4 " on both ends ??.
Can't remember what the max length is Albie but I'll check my manual when I get home.
The correct spanner is the one that fits properly!
Remember, if you jack the bike up 1/4" at both ends, your sidestand will seem 1/4" shorter.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Thats a point to remember. Why I asked was I cant seem to find my 19mm and I bet its that bugger. I will ask Honda man next door when he gets home from AyeGees.
Old 18-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
crust
rattles when he walks

Dont forget one of them (the nut with indents in it) is a left hand thread.

I dont know the ratio for the S4 but a 1/4" on the link rod will probably be a lot more at the end of the swinging arm, on the hoop arms its 2:1.

Crust
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

thanks fella
Old 18-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #6
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
The nuts are 19mm, you'll want two spanners, one for the rod and one for the nut.(the bottom nut has cuts in the flats and is a REVERSE THREAD. You need to loosen both ends before adjusting the rod)
the manual only says the distance between centres must be 272mm. (That's standard but what's the point of an adjuster you're not meant to use) Use a tape measure between the axle and indicator to measure your 1/4" increase, it shouldn't be a problem.*
*It will quicken the steering if you don't raise the front too.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: