UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » Monster S4Rs custom seat Luimoto

Old 11-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #1
916neil

Monster S4Rs custom seat Luimoto

Ducati Monster S4Rs (and other monster 600, 900, 750 S2R, S4R between 1994 and 2007) Standard seat with Luimoto seat cover and cut down seat cowl to create "Winglets"

I wanted to create the look of the Monster in solo seat mode when it was in dual seat mode. I saw photos of a few bikes at world Ducati week and this is what I did.

I bought a LuiMoto seat cover from Canada (cost of £175 plus 17.50 import duty. I specified carbon white with red Alcantara stripe. The white is not an exact match for the Pearl white of the Tank but it's as close as you can get with material Vs Paint. This cover material gives perfect grip for passenger without being too grippy like a tribo cover.

See https://www.luimoto.com/

I had the cover professionally fitted to a standard Ducati Monster seat.

I then bought a seat cowl and had it professionally cut down so as to create "winglets". These mount on in the mounting holes where the seat cowl usually fits. I then considered either getting the winglets sprayed candy white but went with the carbon wrap option. Now this carbon wrap is not perfect, but I had some left over from another project so fitted it myself. It looks great when on the bike, just a few flaws when the seat is removed and viewed from the base.

My wife went pillion twice sat on the seat in this way and could not tell that the winglets were there.

So there you have it - Much better looking than the plain black shapeless pillion seat when you are parked up having taking a passenger.

Why am I selling it - I sold the S4Rs and bought a Monster 1200R - so I have to repeat the exercise all over again!

Can be picked up from Wakefield area or I will deliver within 50 mile radius of Wakefield

£250 plus £20 postage

Contact me for photos. Have reduces size as much as poss but still will not upload

Last edited by 916neil; 11-04-2017 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: Add photos
Old 11-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
Flip

Bike: M900
Obviously without seeing the photos to be 100% certain how the seat has been profiled at the front but if it follows the contours of the recess in the S4R fuel tank it won't quite fit correctly on the earlier bikes as well (pre 1999).

The fuel tank shape is subtly different on the carb'd bikes and thus the seat shape where it fits against it has to be too.

It is possible to fit the later seats to the earlier bikes (and presumably vice versa) but they don't quite look right- just for information.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:49 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Probably safe to say it will fit 2002 to 2007 monsters.
It might possibly fit some 2000 onward models too, but no guarantee.

Might also deserve a Blue Peter badge for using up left over sticky backed plastic.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:29 AM   #4
916neil

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1423443367...84.m1558.l2649
Old 16-04-2017, 09:08 AM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Your listing is wrong.

No monster seat will fit all models from 1994 to 2007.

As well as shape changes to the front portion where the tank and seat mate, there are also two kinds of catch mechanism which require adaption at the very least.. See above.. Specsavers do a nice line in reading glasses I understand.

Good luck with the sale... Hope you accept returns!
Old 16-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #6
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Yea, I saw that too. I think it should fit only '01 - '07 bikes, maybe some '00 bikes but mostly the later revised Terblanche facelift bikes with updated frame and tank shape.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #7
916neil

Cheers - will amend my listing. The comfort seat I had on my S4Rs has been made to fit an original 900 monster by a local guy who bought it off me - he has just done a bit of a reposition of the latch and ovalled out the holes a bit. I will amend the listing for this seat to point this out.