UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Service Cost - Rosso Corse

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #11
Paivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by benaround View Post
For me, the communication part is what is most important, i.e. in this instance, I was led to believe cost would be substantially lower. When I went to pick up the bike, I was told a different figure, which unfortunately was some way from the original. At that stage, you can only do so much. It's not like you can ask RC to undo all the work and/or bring the bike back to its original state. Regardless of how much money I could afford to pay, I had to cough up. Perhaps this was a one-off.
Sadly, it's not. Others have had nasty surprises, too, when picking up the bike.

I stick to Al at Ducati Proteam, he keeps me updated on anything he finds and is always very close to the estimate.

My last work was done at Baines Racing, though, as they brought her home from Normandy, and Geoff went as far as sourcing a new loom on the Ebay instead of buying a new one from Ducati, as there were hundreds of pounds to save, and we were working from the assumption that we'd have to replace the ECU, so that was going to cost me quite enough.