UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » Motobatt battery lead

Old 31-05-2019, 07:46 PM   #1
Davy

Bike: M900
Motobatt battery lead

Would any of you good people have motobatt lead.. the one which connect directly on to the battery. I’ve done the usual searching on the net but can’t find any. So if you have one your not using and would sell i would be grateful.
Old 31-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #2
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy View Post
Would any of you good people have motobatt lead.. the one which connect directly on to the battery. I’ve done the usual searching on the net but can’t find any.
I presume you mean a permanent battery tender lead, Davy? In which case they should be readily available for under a tenner. You'd need either a TM71 or O1 depending upon your type of charger.

https://www.optimate.co.uk/products/...erproof-eyelet

https://www.optimate.co.uk/products/...erproof-eyelet
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:49 PM   #3
Flip

As Luddite has correctly said- it is the charger that will dictate which connectors you will need on the battery lead. Unless you have a specific reason for swapping them.

I am pretty sure if you have a Motobatt charger or a late model Optimate then you will need the 01 SAE connector. If it’s an earlier Optimate then it’s likely (unless first generation which used Molex) to be TM71 which are commonly known as Tamiya connectors because they are widely used for their radio control car batteries.

Personally I’m not a fan of the SAE type as they’re moulded and cannot be repaired or extended easily without buying a complete lead so have swapped all mine to TM’s keeping things interchangeable between my bikes and chargers.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:30 PM   #4
Davy

Yes Luddite the one I need is the one which connects to the battery permanently. But it’s neither of the above it actually looks like the white plastic square type which is on the optimate type tenders. But being an motobatt it looks like they have reversed the male female plugs so in other words the plug on the end of a busted optimate I could make work for me.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:26 PM   #5
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy View Post
Yes Luddite the one I need is the one which connects to the battery permanently. But it’s neither of the above it actually looks like the white plastic square type which is on the optimate type tenders. But being an motobatt it looks like they have reversed the male female plugs so in other words the plug on the end of a busted optimate I could make work for me.
Sorry, Davy, I think I may be getting confused here. I initially thought you had just bought a new Motobatt battery but is it in fact a Motobatt charger you've got - something like this?

If so, it appears to have an SAE connector. Did it not come with its own permanent SAE battery lead?

If your current battery lead is the white 'Tamiya' type, then you could just get an SAE adapter like this:

https://www.optimate.co.uk/products/...o-tm-converter
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:46 PM   #6
Davy

That one will work Luddite thanks for that,, but just to clear things up. I have two motobatt batteries one in the Monster the other in my 916 but only one charger so only one lead which is on the 916 hence the need for another for the most important bike the mighty monster!
Old 02-06-2019, 07:07 AM   #7
Flip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Sorry, Davy, I think I may be getting confused here. I initially thought you had just bought a new Motobatt battery but is it in fact a Motobatt charger you've got - something like this?

If so, it appears to have an SAE connector. Did it not come with its own permanent SAE battery lead?

If your current battery lead is the white 'Tamiya' type, then you could just get an SAE adapter like this:

https://www.optimate.co.uk/products/...o-tm-converter
Isn’t that what I said ???

You were still right on the links though he just needs to buy one with the correct terminal.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #8
Davy

It does look like the Tamiya type. So eBay has them by the bucket load for £2. thanks for helping me out lads much appreciated.