UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Confusing Fault Code

Old 19-05-2019, 02:12 PM   #1
Dilkris

Confusing Fault Code

I have a 2004 S4R which will not start; (Fuel pump primes, clocks cycle, have spark at plugs, engine turns over, all ancillaries operate).
I first received an "EU OFF" code but on repeating the fault code procedure, I now just receive code "EU". I have searched your forum and can find no reference to this code other than a thread focusing on USA/European formats - (my Ducati is reading miles and temperature in Celsius). Can anybody help ??? I am seriously losing the love for this bike.
As an addition to this thread, I have now seen that the digital display for faults first shows "EU" and then a couple of seconds later shows "OFF". Does this then suggest that there are 2 separate fault codes? I have seen to date that 42 people have read this thread with no one as yet passing comment so I am assuming that my problem is pretty unusual. My wife is suggesting I turn the bike into a garden ornament so anyone...... help !!!

Last edited by Dilkris; 21-05-2019 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: Additional Information
Old 01-06-2019, 04:41 PM   #2
Dilkris

For the record, and for all those that read my original thread, I have established that the"EU" and "OFF" displayed when I press both rubber indents on the dash panel and then turn on ignition, are not fault codes - but indicators showing that the instruments are programmed to EU units - ie: miles for distance and celcius for temperature.
The fact however remains that the bike will not start, so I am closing this thread and over the next couple of days opening another one entitled "S4R wont start" - detailing everything I have done so far, and failed, in an attempt to get it running.

In the interim, can anybody tell me whether the ECU on the S4R does actually contain a fault code system which can be accessed with the correct diagnostics? (Note: I assume this data is stored within the ECU - or is there another magic box somewhere?)

The hole in the garden is getting deeper.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:37 AM   #3
haloguy628

Yes the ECU stores fault codes. Go to your won't start #2 thread. I posted there.