UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Lincs. Italian Motorcycle Festival Saturday 15th June

Old 27-05-2019, 07:17 PM   #31
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Mr Gazza
Moco1961
MarkHouldin
Utopia
Grumpy.

It's worth turning up just to hear the Guzzi V8 running.....
Old 28-05-2019, 09:17 PM   #32
smiffyraf1
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
Mr Gazza
Moco1961
MarkHouldin
Utopia
Grumpy.
Smiffy.
smiffyraf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2019, 01:39 AM   #33
Capo
You Are What You Is

Bike: S4r
Mr Gazza
Moco1961
MarkHouldin
Utopia
Grumpy.
Smiffy.
Capo.
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #34
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Update.

Capo has very kindly arranged with Chris Jessop, to leave his own canopy at the show site for us to erect on the day, along with numerous banners and bunting.. Thank you for that Capo.

We need to have the stand up and running by 10am at the latest, so if you can make it nice and early to assist, that would be much appreciated.
I'm going to aim to get there for 9am.

"One of the main themes of this year’s event is the unique opportunity for individual riders and groups to obtain photos of their motorcycles with LAHC’s iconic Avro Lancaster ‘Just Jane’. There are two lengthy periods during the event when riders can take their own pictures in an unrushed and relaxed manner. For that truly memorable picture we’ve arranged for professional photographer, Alan Markham to be on site all day. Alan will have a stand in the main hanger where you can arrange for him to take pictures of your motorcycle(s) with the Lancaster. Photos in mounts are £20.00 each. Alan’s website: www.akmphoto.co.uk
Event websites: www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk + www.imf2018.co.uk

Provisional timetable:
10.00am: Event start
10.00am to 12.00: Photo opportunity for motorcycles with Avro Lancaster ‘Just Jane’
12.30pm to 1.45pm: Avro Lancaster ‘Just Jane’ engine run up followed by Sammy Miller’s Moto Guzzi 500cc V8 and Gilera 500cc 4-cylinder Grand Prix machines demonstration. Plus, others TBC.
2.00pm to 4.30pm: Photo opportunity for motorcycles with Avro Lancaster ‘Just Jane’
5.00pm: Event finish"

Chris has also sent me a list of local B&B's, if anyone with a long journey wishes to stay overnight on Friday?.. I can pm or email this on request.

What we really need is Pezz with his Bike of the Year and Bigredduke with his best modified Monster... Bring your trophies along as well guys...

Good to see the list steadily growing..

Mr Gazza
Moco1961
MarkHouldin
Utopia
Grumpy.
Smiffy.
Capo.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:43 AM   #35
Moco1961

Banners on the way

Morning folks, so the banners are boxed and sat in the Hermes collection point,should be arriving with Capo Wednesday.

I will mail you the tracking number Stuart so you can get the eta.

Garry, Mark and I are staying nearby so will assist with the set up.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #36
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Smashing stuff Mike. Thanks for doing that and the breakfasts are on me after we get set up..

Just thinking out loud.. Would anyone know if there is anything we could hang the large banners on near our stand? I think the site has grass behind it, so maybe we could bang in some long metal spikes of some sort... yet to be imagined!
The banners are, what? a metre high?
Old 02-06-2019, 06:13 PM   #37
Moco1961

Breakfast offer accepted

.......apart from the fact we are staying bed and breakfast, maybe a coffee then

Yes about a metre , just a thought, and sorry for being boring here but working at an airport I am aware of these things, we need to be aware of banging metal spikes in the ground and the proximity of buried cables/services, comms cables,etc. Maybe see someone at the airfield.? Wooden posts would be better or maybe wrap around the gazebo. Tent post and guy rope maybe?

I put some zip,ties in the box hoping we would be near something we could attach to,are we near buildings or a chain link fence would be ideal?
Old 02-06-2019, 06:17 PM   #38
Moco1961

....also Garry if you recall one banner went 3/4 around the dining room at the weekender, must be 10 metres long. I cut one of them in half so maybe just use a smaller one?
Old 02-06-2019, 06:37 PM   #39
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

For sure the cut down banner would hang round the canopy, but not the long one.
Totally with you with the stakes and underground services... Maybe we could hang it slightly further afield along the entrance avenue? I'm sure Chris would be up for that?

There may be trees behind our stand, but I can't recall well enough... A trip to Google Earth might be in order.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:49 PM   #40
Moco1961

Google earth

Good shout Garry..looking at the start of this thread,Chris has indicated we are adjacent to he Naffi, so maybe a fence we can utilise????
Old 02-06-2019, 08:29 PM   #41
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Well the view from space reveals no fence or trees behind or near our pitch. Just a kerb at the end of the concrete and then grass
The NAAFI is quite close though so the building itself might present a possibility.
I will try and find some tent poles and guys, I think I could manage them on the back of the bike... Any other suggestions from the floor very welcome...

Mr Gazza
Moco1961
MarkHouldin
Utopia
Grumpy.
Smiffy.
Capo.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:53 AM   #42
Chris Jessop

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Guys, I think the best location for your large banner would be the mesh fencing located on the right of where everyone rides in and pays their admission. That would look very impressive as folk ride down towards the entrance.

There isn't anything suitable around where your stand will be located.
Chris Jessop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:58 AM   #43
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
do you want me to see if DOC arch/gazebo available? maybe overkill?
you would need to collect/drop @silverstone and have small generator or 2x uk mains
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #44
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Thanks Chris.. That sounds like the best idea. It will look good as the bikes come in.

Rob thanks for offering to arrange the blow up toys, but I think it will be problematic on several levels. Our pitch is concrete, so difficult to fasten the inflatables down, then there's the power supply and the transport issue, not sure if anyone wants two trips between Silverstone and East Kirkby? The arch would look good over the entrance though..
Old 04-06-2019, 12:38 AM   #45
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
of course gary!
it is always possible if you ask me though.
i plan to use recovery time to improve ukmoc, this will include forum upgrade, simplified regions, greater integration with ducati/doc.
ultimately this might allow things like eg. weekend loan bike for ukmoc member visiting san francisco. but we need to be careful not to let ‘facebook eat forum’
i need to learn to manage more/work less. but i don’t want to be bossy to reps who are volunteers doing great job. please trust me guys and gals.

hijack/sales pitch over
sorry chris jessop (forum user/not ukmoc member)
this event is a tradition that is older than my ukmoc membership :-)

Last edited by slob; 04-06-2019 at 12:44 AM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote