UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Welcome to the UKMOC!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #31
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Hi and welcome to
Old 30-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #32
kevm

Smile Hi!!!

Finally Got The Bike I Want, At Least I Pick It Up Next Saturday. Its A M900 In Red With Corse Decalls. 4500 Miles, Looks And Sounds Wicked And Its Gonna Be A Long Week!!! Kev.
Old 30-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #33
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm View Post
Finally Got The Bike I Want, At Least I Pick It Up Next Saturday. Its A M900 In Red With Corse Decalls. 4500 Miles, Looks And Sounds Wicked And Its Gonna Be A Long Week!!! Kev.
Good man Kev - welcome!
Old 15-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #34
That Guy

new monster

Hi there, after CBRs, GSXRs, 748s, 749s, finally got a Monster (900Sie), awesome, should have got one years ago! Useful site thanks.
Old 16-03-2008, 01:51 AM   #35
scrumpster

Welcome. Is that Wellington NZ or Wellington in Somerset? If it's the former, you lucky bloke with all those lovely sights and roads. Only ridden the Coromandel loop but that was fantastic!! A monster was my first and only bike so I only know it as the best bike to have Lots of helpful advice on here!

Last edited by scrumpster; 16-03-2008 at 01:53 AM..
Old 17-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #36
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumpster View Post
Welcome. Is that Wellington NZ or Wellington in Somerset? If it's the former, you lucky bloke with all those lovely sights and roads. Only ridden the Coromandel loop but that was fantastic!! A monster was my first and only bike so I only know it as the best bike to have Lots of helpful advice on here!
Hi there, Wellington NZ. Yep loads of good roads over (still have dumb as car drivers though!) here, and we have proper summers too! *just ask the english cricket team touring here at the moment).

Roads like this (very Monster friendly):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg queenroad1.jpg (31.0 KB, 66 views)
Old 17-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #37
scrumpster

Yeah but at least the car drivers pulled over for me and my fellow riders to go by over there, here they tend to get in your way. Thank god for bikes with radar detectors!! As for cricket, well, I prefer football. Awesome road, one day I will get back over to see my sis and will do a few more miles
Old 22-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #38
inky b

help!

hey, new to the site so dont get angry with my poor knowledge. my name is ben, i go under the handle 'inky' as im a tattooer from brum, i have just turned 25 and past my bike test, i have a history in motorcycle trials so im no stranger to bikes but would love any help advice on:

which cc would best suit me as a new rider doing mainly city,town,country lane stuff.?

i wanted an older bike around 95 on, what should i look for when buying one?

are monsters prone to problems etc? any other advice from anyone would be great. the site is really cool, and look forward to some replys.

ben@fallingleavestattoo.............shameless plug.
Old 20-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #39
monstaman

Ducati Virgin

Hi,
After many years of Jap bikes and more recently, Triumphs, I have bought a Monster 996.

Love the bike , ( so does er indoors, its big, black and throbs!!)but would appreciate help on a couple of issues.

When fuelling, in spite of following info in manual about keeping level well below top, fuel is overflowing from overfill pipe.

I am putting plastic plug in pipe when I refuel, but is this likely to cause any other knock on effects.?

I am struggling to get 85 mile before fuel light comes on ( running in, so not nailing it). How far can I go on warning light?
Old 20-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #40
Bodybag

Sounds like the breather pipe has come away from the inside of the fuel filler cap mounting. I had the same problem on my S4 (916). I ended up losing a couple of litres every time I filled up until I realised what had happened. All you need to do is take the fuel filler mounting plate off the tank and re-insert the pipe. Make sure you don't drop any of the grub screws into the tank, they're a bugger to get back out again!!
Old 20-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #41
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstaman View Post
Hi,
After many years of Jap bikes and more recently, Triumphs, I have bought a Monster 996.

Love the bike , ( so does er indoors, its big, black and throbs!!)but would appreciate help on a couple of issues.

When fuelling, in spite of following info in manual about keeping level well below top, fuel is overflowing from overfill pipe.

I am putting plastic plug in pipe when I refuel, but is this likely to cause any other knock on effects.?

I am struggling to get 85 mile before fuel light comes on ( running in, so not nailing it). How far can I go on warning light?
I can't help you with the fuel thing, but welcome to
Old 27-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #42
bing

Hi! Bing from Australia dropping in to have a look. I currently ride a 2000 900IE Monster with a fair bit of modification. Love the Monster and am currently on a project to make mine as light as I can (within financial reason!). Look forward to the UK perspective
Old 14-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #43
djhesde

Hello

Hi, I joined the forum in March but have not been active until now.
My name is Dave, I am early 50's and have 2 Monsters. (3 including my son)
I have an S4 on the road, which started life in red but is now black with white stripe.
I also have an M600 which has had a 685 kit which I use for trackdays.
I live in Northwich in Cheshire.
Thought I'd say hello.

Dave
Old 14-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #44
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Hi Dave, greetings from Norfolk. Also Hi to Bing, you kind of got missed off the radar there.

Welcome both of you.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #45
brooley

Cool welcome

Hi All,

Got my Monster 696, 25 August. Changed from a GSXR 600, even on the way to pick up Monster was not sure if I was doing the right thing. Have now been riding it for over a week and can say best thing I did. Having more fun than the Gixer, well not quite just a different kind of fun. Less chance of losing my licence now. Mind you only did 2 miles and she broke down, they dealer had to come out to me, turned out to be a faulty plug. They gave it a good look over just in case, all fine now. I have ordered some Pazzo levers as the only thing not keen on is the biting point of the clutch. Pazzo levers supposed to sort that out, will let you know if they work. Just waiting for tail tidy to be available in this country.

Happy riding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: