UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » Monster 1100 Evo - Ohlins/Akra/Oz wheels/Brembo M50's & much more...

Old 23-05-2019, 08:49 PM   #1
Onepointnine

Monster 1100 Evo - Ohlins/Akra/Oz wheels/Brembo M50's & much more...

(There are several more photos on the second post).

I bought the bike back in October 2018 from Cobra88, a long-time member on here who I believe has contributed a fair bit over the years. Having owned it since 2012, Cobra88 (Rick) carried out an extensive number of modifications, which in my opinion has made it into the ‘perfect’ Monster 1100 Evo. In particular, the addition of ‘proper’ Ohlins front and rear has addressed the main weakness of the standard Evo. The full list is as follows:

Engine:

- Rexxer Remap by Neil at CornerSpeed

- Akrapovic Carbon Hex Can (Originally from a BMW S1000RR - 60mm bore)

- Whole exhaust removed and mirror polished, and inner welds ground smooth

- Arrow exhaust link pipe

- Exhaust servo motor deleted

- Oxygen Sensor deleted

- K&N Air filter fitted (Air filter cover modified)

- Evotech Performance billet exhaust hanger

- HealTech LED gear indicator (mounted near the instrument cluster)

Suspension:

- Ohlins DU432 rear shock (compression/preload adjustable) – Re-valved & sprung by KAIS Performance

- Ohlins Forks (originally from a Ducati Paul Smart Classic) - Re-valved & sprung by KAIS Performance

- Bottom yoke specially modified to suit forks

- Rizoma MA11B Handlebars (30mm rise – massively more comfortable on your wrists!)

- Rizoma 50mm Risers

- Top yoke powder coated black

Brakes:

- Brembo M50 Panigale front calipers (fitted with Titanium caliper bolts)

- Brembo Panigale Master Cylinder to match M50 caliper’s

- Brembo tinted master cylinder fluid pots (from a Ducati Monster 1200S)

- New Goodridge brake lines to suit conversion

- ‘Braking’ Wave front brake discs 320mm

- ‘Braking’ Rear brake pads (Soft Compound)

- ‘Braking’ pads for M50 Brembo calipers

- Billet aluminium brake & clutch levers

Body:

- Carbon Fibre Fuel tank upper cover

- Carbon Fibre Belt covers from Ducati Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP

- Carbon Fibre Speedo cover

- Carbon Fibre Oil cooler cover

- Carbon Fibre Air ducts for oil cooler

- Carbon Fibre Chainguard

- Carbon Fibre Rear subframe covers

- Carbon Fibre Exhaust Heatshield

- Carbon Fibre Ducati 1098S front mudguard

- Carbon Fibre Heelplates/kickguards

- Motodemic Billet LED headlamp assembly (imported from USA)

- Motodemic Speedo mount (imported from USA)

- Honda CB1100 Headlamp shell

- Ducati Performance LED indicators fitted

- Complete 2012 Rosso Red 20th Anniversary bodywork

- Evotech Performance tail tidy

- Billet quick-release black fuel cap

- Sliding lever clamps to delete mirror stands

- Billet aluminium bar-end mirrors

Frame and wheels:

- OZ Piega Forged Aluminium Wheels (considerably lighter than the standard wheels)

- Pirelli Diablo Rosso III’s (almost new)

- Billet wheel nuts (full set)

- DID Gold Chain

- Renthal 14 tooth front sprocket

- Renthal alloy rear sprocket

- Inside of fuel tank epoxy-coated to prevent ethanol swelling (none so far)

- Billet adjustable black footrests

- Suter billet clutch slave cylinder

- Custom-made crash bungs fitted to frame

- R&G engine sliders (both sides)

- Oxford heated grips

Last edited by Onepointnine; 23-05-2019 at 11:27 PM..
Old 23-05-2019, 08:50 PM   #2
Onepointnine

(Continued)

All these changes were the very reason I became interested in the bike after reading about it on the forum, and after riding it, I can tell you that the comparison to a standard 1100 Evo is striking (and I test rode several last year).

This bike is far more agile, and tips into corners with another level of precision. The bike often feels like a 250 in terms of weight transfer and the way you can manoeuvre it (a lot of this is likely down to decreased unsprung weight of the Oz wheels), and together with the Ohlins it’s unflappable through the corners, especially at the rear end.

Rick estimated that this bike weighs possibly 15kg less than a standard M1100, making everything feel that bit more responsive and ‘alive’. It goes better, with a little (but noticeable) extra punch of torque which the standard M1100’s I rode lacked. It stops better too - the Brembo M50’s feel fantastic, with a level of modulation which you simply don’t get on the standard brake setup. And to top it off, the one-off Akrapovic sounds glorious…

As you can probably tell, I love this bike. I truly hoped I wouldn’t ever have to write this advert, and had planned on keeping it indefinitely. But it’s come down to this or the house (i.e. not really a choice at all!), so here we are. The money which the previous owner put into the bike is frankly mind-boggling (the wheels alone are worth £1k+, and knocking on £2k when new), but he has created a fantastically balanced bike which has lost none of the character that makes the M1100 such a great bike in the first place.

I know it's something everyone says, but this bike is a bargain at the asking price, all things considered.

I have all the original books and a folder of paperwork relating to services over the years and it has had only 3 owners from new. It is MOT’d until mid-July, but is booked in next week so will come with a full years ticket.

It's a 2011 model, and has covered just over 17k miles. It has clearly been very well looked after its whole life – the bike was serviced by Rick every spring including oil and filter, or 2500 miles, which ever came first. The belts were changed in May 2018 with genuine Ducati items, so will not need doing until next year at the very earliest (although the new belts are apparently good for 4 years now). The bike is in fantastic condition, with only a couple of small marks on the frame at the very front and some minor stone-marking on the speedo cover – I know I’m biased, but it’s a damn fine looking machine and I am constantly complimented on it.

I have many of the original parts, including the headlight unit, mirrors, brake/clutch levers and the standard (very heavy!) exhaust, and these will all be included in the sale.

I am asking for £5450. I live near Boston, Lincolnshire and can arrange for delivery to anywhere in the UK, should it be needed. If you have any questions or want to come and see the bike, please contact me on 07543656685 (just to note, the plate has now been reverted to its original registration, and is not the one shown in the photos).

Edited to add: I have a genuine Ducati Performance front stand, and a well-built rear stand (that I can't recall the make of!) that I will also include with the sale if it goes for the asking price.

Last edited by Onepointnine; 24-05-2019 at 12:41 PM..
Old 23-05-2019, 09:05 PM   #3
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Lovely - wish I had a few quid spare
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #4
Doggy

Bike: M796
Great looking bike with an amazing spec!. If i could sell my 796 quick I would have it!
Good luck with the sale.
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #5
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
If an Evo's your thing then that is certainly the one to have. GLWS

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 10:31 PM   #6
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
That's a beautiful example of the breed. Such a shame you're having to sell it so soon. A great price too for such a high spec. I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling it - don't take any offers!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 11:01 PM   #7
Onepointnine

Thanks guys.

Again, I know its something everyone says, but I really am utterly gutted to be having to sell it. Having 5 ever-growing (and eating!) kids and sod all money has more than a little to do with it though...
Old 23-05-2019, 11:53 PM   #8
Pezz

Bike: M1100s
I love this bike. When I first got my 696 and saw Ricks thread I was smitten. All the mods and upgrades looked and seemed perfect. It started me on my journey modding my 696. loads of Rizoma bits n pieces ASV levers just like this. Pearl White panel like his used to have. Even passenger grab rails. It was never quite the same though being a 696 and not the single swinger stylee. After meeting the guys up North for the first time at one of the monthly gathering a couple of years back I was invited and ended back at Geoff [Buzzbombs] where I we were talking about this bike. Geoff then showed me his 1100s - unfortunately that blew my mind even more. A year later Geoff came with me to pick up my 1100s which then led to a year of fiddling an upgrading. The starting point being Ricks with some of the added extra inspiration of Geoff's [and his help spending my money and installing the bits]. Late last year a set of Corse panels came up for sale - they were Ricks I had to have them and snapped them up immediately. It felt like the circle was complete having something actually from that bike on mine. To be honest mine doesn't look really like either bikes but was inspired by both. A nod to them is the fact that mine won bike of the year at the recent UKMOC weekender...

I've never seen the bike in person but it looks on the photos as good as it ever did. If I had the dough and not my 1100 I'd snap it up immediately

Last edited by Pezz; 23-05-2019 at 11:56 PM..
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 08:50 AM   #9
Uncle Bob

I'd sooner sell one or two of the kids, frankly.
Uncle Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 06:51 PM   #10
Onepointnine

Tempting, believe me...
Old 02-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #11
Ron1000

Two Evo's! what would my wife say. i'll be in the market this time next year...........I'll message you then in the (slimest) of hopes it's still there.......I can live with two evo's, as much of a struggle as it is.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #12
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1000 View Post
Two Evo's! ... I can live with two evo's, as much of a struggle as it is.
As Oscar Wilde might have said:

"To own one Evo may be regarded as good fortune; to own two looks like greediness"!
Old 02-07-2019, 05:20 PM   #13
yusaf1

Bike: M800ie
I was after one of these and had a deal gone south a couple of years ago. I have been considering this for a while and sent a message to see if it was still available but have not had any response back yet..
yusaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:26 PM   #14
Ron1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
As Oscar Wilde might have said:

"To own one Evo may be regarded as good fortune; to own two looks like greediness"!
How did my wife get on this page
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:18 PM   #15
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusaf1 View Post
I have been considering this for a while and sent a message to see if it was still available but have not had any response back yet..
You're best bet, Yusaf, is to give him a call or text on the number he gave arlier (07543656685). He's not logged in since Friday and you'd kick yourself if you missed out on this gem.