UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Service Costs 696+

Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #16
sadbiker

Please remember that that so called cheap service with your friends bike is actually part of a discount that is included within the price of the bike, and its only with the supplying dealer. Not all Japenese manufacturers are offering this anymore as it allows them to reduce the total price of the bike for its retail price.

There is nothing that is free or cheap, but always along the line somewhere its picked up.

My first service for my new bike was £42 from the supplying dealer. ie the cost of parts. If I had taken it to another Honda dealer then it would have cost £110.

So not much real difference, some people buying ducatis if lucky may wangle a cheaper service or even free.

As for what are you getting well the same as any first service.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #17
forresterone

a Bloody expensive oil change and thats it
Old 08-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #18
walpole68

Hi forresterone,hows your bike going ? have you racked up many miles ?
Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #19
Arbeia

I just had my 696 serviced a week ago and it cost me £93 excactly. when i bought the bike from ducati leeds they give me a 10%discount card for parts accessories and servicing.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #20
MrsJel

My 600 service came in at £112. There was 1 hr labour n that, the rest was the oil & filters. I didn't feel ripped off got the S2R's 1st service as part of a deal, but it was over 200 for first service on M1000Sie. Oh how times have changed - first service on first new bike (a fazer 600) was £27!

Have been told that the next service will be about £160 - so still feeling quite good compared to the S2R and the M1000.

Carole
Old 09-08-2008, 06:58 AM   #21
PeterPoddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
First service is booked for next week,was quoted about £100,is that about right ? My last bike was £26 and friends GSXR600 cost him £32 today,so was wondering what i get for my £100 ?
It's mostly labour charge, which the Japs give you for free at a first service as there is so little to do.
You now have an exotic Italian Desmo-valved engine which needs a bit more care......
I knew how much the services were before I bought the bike. I did my homework so I could be sure that (a) I could afford the extra service costs Ducatis rack up and (b) I wasn't surprised by it!

FWIW, my reciept breaks down as

1.2hrs labour @ £47.50 = £57.00
Oil filter = £6.71
3l fully Synthetic oil = £26.04
Environmental oil disposal charge = £2.45
TOTAL = £92.20
+ VAT = £16.14

GRAND TOTAL = £108.34

Expect the 7.5k/1 year service to be £200+, and the 15k/2yr service to be £350-ish as it's time for new belts by then, and that MUST be done right

Last edited by PeterPoddy; 09-08-2008 at 07:01 AM..
Old 31-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #22
happybiker

I need to find a service centre outside of London! My 600 mile service cost:

£80 labour (less than an hour - they charge £90 per hour normally)
£27.60 for filter, sump plug washer, oil
£6.00 for some chain lube and undisclosed 'sundry items' (!!!)
£1.00 for disposal of waste

Plus VAT: £145.41

Lord only knows what the others will cost at those rates. I'm thinking it will be cheaper to ride out to somewhere a bit further from home though...
Old 31-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #23
jw0719

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybiker View Post
I need to find a service centre outside of London! My 600 mile service cost:

£80 labour (less than an hour - they charge £90 per hour normally)
£27.60 for filter, sump plug washer, oil
£6.00 for some chain lube and undisclosed 'sundry items' (!!!)
£1.00 for disposal of waste

Plus VAT: £145.41

Lord only knows what the others will cost at those rates. I'm thinking it will be cheaper to ride out to somewhere a bit further from home though...
Metropolis? Got my 600 mile service there next week....
Old 01-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #24
happybiker

Yep - you've guessed it: Metropolis Vauxhall. I've no complaints about the work or customer service - they were very good. But on price comparison they don't win out.

I did get the bike back on the same day though, which was good as I had my bank holiday Wales run planned and would have been gutted if it had taken longer and I couldn't have gone. I'll be shopping around for the next service though to see if I can't save a few pennies. Trouble is, Metropolis is convenient in terms of dropping off and picking up the bike.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #25
walpole68

Back on the same day ! I should hope so for about a hours work.I waited for mine,drank there coffee and even got a sandwich bought for me.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #26
forresterone

My service cost me £101....hi walpole, not racked to many miles up yet, im through the 1000 mile barrier, keep praying to the sun gods, but me thinks they've gone on holiday
Old 01-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #27
walpole68

Ive racked up 1100 now and gets better and better with every mile,so much nicer and smoother now then when new.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #28
Lucati

Just collected mine from Metropolis, £130 (plus £30 for a new rear indicator that I managed to 'knee off' getting on the bike the other week!

As a note, my Termis's were there when I bought the bike but they were waiting for some computer programme to programme something so agreed they would fit them at the first service... .guess what.... they fitted them to somebody elses bike inbetween and I am now back on the waiting list! Strangely they still have my £770 in the bank!

Official ducati dealer in the surrey area please!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:08 PM   #29
walpole68

Ask for a discount ! i wouldnt be happy,just so you know i paid £800 for termis,carbon guards and 1st service all in so there is room for a bit of discount !
Old 01-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #30
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucati View Post

Official ducati dealer in the surrey area please!
P & H? (edited - as just checked & Crawley is in W.Sussex, sorry!)
Pro-Twins?

Both authorised dealers in Surrey, tho one is not to everyones taste in customer services/pricing on occasions.

I know Snells had some sitting in the shop last week, JHP prob have some too? - why not ask your lazy dealer to phone round & get some in from another dealer - after all, its your dealers error so they should put things right for you.

Last edited by CK & AK; 01-09-2008 at 04:30 PM..
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote