UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati Insurance

Old 06-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #16
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
Ducati Insurance quoted me £105 fully comp with cans etc, best elsewhere was £138 TPFT!
Old 25-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #17
zxebeast

do they have breakdown cover ???

I just got a quote from them n they r marginally cheaper than bennetts for TPF&T.

can you guys let me know if you have used it or if they provide it at all

touch wood i wont be needin it but its good to have it

cheers guys
Old 26-07-2007, 07:06 AM   #18
sadbiker

Depends on policy (Insurers) why not phone them and ask.
Old 26-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #19
Chappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxebeast View Post
I just got a quote from them n they r marginally cheaper than bennetts for TPF&T.
can you guys let me know if you have used it or if they provide it at all

touch wood i wont be needin it but its good to have it
cheers guys
Don't opt for the breakdown cover!!!! I broke down on my way back from Scotland a few weeks ago and they (Call Assist) said they couldn't find my breakdown policy on their database, therefore they took £500 off my card then sent someone out (4hrs later) to collect me....took nearly 1wk to get my £500 back once Ducati Insurance got on the case and proved I had paid for the Indigo Breakdown Cover (£40)

I'm now insured FC with Ducati Insurance and have approached NCI (0800 783 6026) for the breakdown cover who have given me Personal Membership for £78.50 which means I'm covered on any vehicle (car, van, bike), anywhere plus they will recover my bike should I have an accident too
Old 26-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #20
zxebeast

thanks a lot chappers !

...but... oops i phoned them early on this mornin and guess what i paid 30 quid extra for the breakdown cover.... oh well hope i wont need it... will keep your comments in mind for next year though

cheers again
Old 26-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #21
Chappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxebeast View Post
...but... oops i phoned them early on this mornin and guess what i paid 30 quid extra for the breakdown cover.... oh well hope i wont need it... will keep your comments in mind for next year though

cheers again
You can always ring them back and ask to speak to Mark who will refund you and will understand if you mention the name Hayley Chapman as he's the guy who sorted everything out for me in the end and approached his MD about changing breakdown companies due to high complaints and Call Assist blaming Ducati Insurance for the lack of data.

I seriously hope you don't breakdown as I had to wait 4hrs in the pouring rain, girl all by myself and had to phone mummy to pay the £500 otherwise they were just gonna leave me there ....this is how you are treated when you already have a policy and you have it in your hand in black and white and are reading them the policy number and details.
Old 26-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #22
Guzzirider

I got a quote from Ducati insurance for 3 bikes, my S4Rs and 2 Guzzis. Fully comp was £565 from Ducati Insurance but with no breakdown cover. My renewal from Carole Nash was £570 with the same company (Equity Red Star) so I stuck with them as they include breakdown cover.

The Carole Nash breakdown cover is good- I was rescued in Scotland very quickly, and when my mate broke down in the Dolomites a few years back the guy they sent out was brilliant.
Old 28-07-2007, 09:36 AM   #23
zxebeast

sorry to know bout that hayley. think if the same happens to me i will have a personal "chat" with whoever is responsible, and ultimately it is ducati insurance

hi guy. i was with nash the last year n never used their breakdown service n didnt make any claims either. when i changed postcode they decided to charge me 100 more. now they have come back quoting me 250 more than duke insurance or bennetts. thats paying the same as last year in spite of the 1 year NCB

if they contact me again i will very kindly send them on the straightest road to hell

thanks for the answers
Old 08-08-2007, 10:04 PM   #24
chudies

i shopped around, but went with ebike
new rider, 695, living in london, no garage, top alarm on the monster though
price - £750!

i almost fell over

decided to opt for a month's policy JUST so i could get on the bike, and then shop around again next month
Old 09-08-2007, 07:54 AM   #25
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
ouch! That is a lot for a monster, but not as a first bike. It should come down a lot after the first year.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #26
chudies

tell me about it
it almost made me buy a honda hornet! (which is what i had been planning to do!)
Old 09-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #27
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
That's nothing.
Paid £950 for my 695 last year from Ducati Insurance, and £1,200 for my S4R Testastretta last month.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #28
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
wow! That's more than both my bike AND my car. er, twice.

Again, being old has it's benefits Medical insurance is more tho
Old 09-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #29
benson

MCE too have always been good on quotes for me too - but nothing makes up for the sad fact of being old and having quite a lot of no claims bonus...
Old 09-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #30
banditloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadbiker View Post
Wait till you have problems, my missus will never use Bennets again.
They can't even get my address right when quoting!! Useless numpties!!

Ducati Insurance, excellent quote off them and only beaten by Hastings Direct which was a