UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Insuring My S4R

Old 03-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #46
Pugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletrack
How come they never asked me that with my 620? Am I being cynical thinking they just wanted to get my money?
No, your not cynical. That is the exact point of them talking with you at all. As I've previously posted, the insurance market needs to mature and be cleaned up. It's clearly over exploited, ripping people off. How else would you explain the number of insurance companies and that 50% of TV commercials are about car insurance (the other 50% being loans & mortgages). The idea of insurance is originally to the share the risk, letting companies make a bit of profit for acting as an intermediate between individuals. But have you noticed how close insurance and banking has become? That's because they make so much money they expand to financing.

Look at the rest of Europe, in most countries they pay resonable fees.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #47
Darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletrack
I went with Ducati BECAUSE they would insure my 620 with termis and a couple of other modifications, and the previous company I was with would not.

I got in touch with them this week because I am changing my bike, and they said they are not sure if they can insure it with aftermarket exhausts - it depends on how much the performance is enhanced.

How come they never asked me that with my 620? Am I being cynical thinking they just wanted to get my money?

I haven't got the exhausts yet, but will be very unhappy if they won't insure it with them.

My insurance is due for renewal in June.
Who insures their bike with after market exhausts, and with which company?
Ebikeinsurance are okay with aftermarket exhausts, they just ask how much the performance gain is 0/+5% or >5%.

Darry.