UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » O2 sensor eliminators fitted

Old 02-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
simontt

Thanks Rick, will give it a try.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #17
vegnomeat

I purchased the O2 eliminators and fitted them today. A 10 minute job. What a difference, tick over is perfect, it pulls away without snatching, top gear is now not the preserve of licence losing speeds. 2500 revs in top is now so smooth. It's chalk and cheese, not sure how they work but work they do.

I have a 2013 1100 Evo, it's now perfect.
Regards

Veggie
Old 11-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #18
bazread

Just ordered some, hopefully I will be able to fit them myself and get the same result - thanks Rick.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #19
Qba

+1

Simple, cheap and very effective mod. Thanks for a tip!

Ps
I was concern about bike's warranty.
It went for 600 miles service and I didn't bother to take it off - no problems.
Old 14-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #20
Black Bob

Bike: M1100evo
Just ordered these myself, as I have exact same symptoms.

Sometimes the "use more revs and a lower gear" option is not possible when you're going through a 30 limit in 2nd gear already.
Old 14-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #21
vegnomeat

Bob,

They make such a huge difference, it really is chalk and cheese. I have had the engine light briefly come on once in about 200 miles of driving, but it lasted just a second and made no difference to the driveability of the bike. The bike now runs how it should have run from new.

But........ today I am having the Termi's and Racing ECU fitted, will post seperately about them when I get the bike back (which should be in about an hour).

One final thing, Ducati don't list a 14t front sprocket for the 2013 1100 EVO, apparently it's because of the ABS system.

Regards

veggie
Old 15-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #22
bazread

I second everyone elses posts, my eliminators turned up today from Greece after only 4 days. Took about 30 minutes to fit, but I am seriously spanner impaired. The bike now runs really smoothly.

I have a SC Racing single exhaust but with the stock air filter, would you recommend an after-market air filter and if so which one - K&N?

Thanks again Rick for the thread.
Old 15-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #23
Davidg1230

Has anyone fitted these on a 796? Do you think this bike suffers from the same gearing and slow speed speed issues that the 1100 has? not got my bike yet but have ready plenty about how lumpy the 796 can be?

The ebay seller does elimnators for the 796 so would be good to know if even has installed these and found any difference?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxygen-o2-...item3cd31daf83
Old 16-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #24
vegnomeat

I would ride your bike first, then make a decision. However, if your bike turns out to be like mine you will definitely benefit from them.

Regards

veggie
Old 16-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #25
Davidg1230

Agree, would be good to get current 796 riders opinion of low speed driveability....
Old 16-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #26
neilo

I've ordered some of these as well now. Running a 43T rear sprocket has cured lots of issues, but let's see what the O2 eliminators add to the mix. Thanks again for this thread!
Old 24-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #27
Black Bob

Bike: M1100evo
O2 eliminators fitted today. Oh wow. It's like the fuelling is now properly sorted and a balancer shaft has been fitted to the motor. It is now so smooth, I would not have believed such a simple mod could make such a difference.

Bike ticks over much more evenly, and will poodle through villages with just 2200rpm and no hunting/surging whatsoever. Rolling the throttle open then just results in a nice smooth pickup. Previously anything below 3500 was lumpy. It's the partial throttle openings that feel most transformed.

Only remains to be seen if it affects MPG, but so far I'm blown away by this mod. This is how the bike should run from the factory but thanks to the EU it comes buggered as standard.

Just awesome.
Old 27-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #28
Cobra88

Told you it was a great job
Old 29-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #29
vegnomeat

What an amazing and value for money mod, glad it worked for you as well as it did for me.

Thanks guys.

Veggie
Old 30-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #30
neilo

O2 eliminators fitted and tested yesterday (30 miles without, and then 30 miles with).

To be honest I'm really struggling to notice any difference... That's NOT to say that they don't make a difference, because so many folks can't be dreaming things up, but they just don't make a noticeable difference to my bike. Perhaps I might notice a difference if I put the gearing back to stock and then tried them.

I think the altered gearing on mine (43T rear) cured a multitude of issues already, so the changes these O2 eliminators bring are probably less noticeable. I'd also like to add that my bike never seem to have suffered some of the uneven tick-over, slow speed hunting/surging, etc etc that lots of other bikes experience...