UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello, new to Monsters & is this a record?

Old 26-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
Ozcat

Hello, new to Monsters & is this a record?

Hello, I'm new to Monster having recently swaped my 748 for one.
So I have now been the proud of a Monster for over three weeks, but due to one thing another (the weather, the wife etc) I am still to ride it. Is this a record or as ther been someone sader.
Old 26-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
dazzi-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozcat
So I have now been the proud of a Monster for over three weeks, but due to one thing another (the weather, the wife etc) I am still to ride it. Is this a record or as ther been someone sader.

Welcome to UKMOC

Im not sure if it's a record but I'm sure somebody will come along with some facts and figures
Old 26-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #3
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Welcome!!

Get out!! (When the weather is better)

Yorkie.
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
Tigerlily

Hi Ozcat welcome to the club

Had it 3 weeks and not ridden it yet? Good grief, you must be getting desperate by now! Roll on warmer weather and spare time

Hope you enjoy the club and your bike!

PS.... Start saving for all the nice little accessories!
Old 26-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #5
dam

Quote:
No, a record is a small round vinyl black thing!

P.S. Welcome
Old 26-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #6
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Howdy, i'm sure there has been more than one member on here in the past (maybe currently) who bought the bike before passing the test, and stared at it for months before they could legally ride it.
Old 26-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #7
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
I didn't ride mine for ooooh 24 hours which seemed like forever but I had a party to sort that night and well, priorities!

At least tell us you have sat on it and revved it some.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 04:59 PM   #8
SazzaG

Welcome!

I had mine for about 5 weeks before passing my test. Only rode it once in that time on an airfield.

Saz
Old 26-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #9
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
Quote:
Ive had mine since before December and still havnt being out for a 'proper' ride yet!! I took it out for a 10 mile spin but got told off in here since i havnt my bike test yet so havnt bin out since!!! Test next week though so fingers crossed!!!

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2006, 05:59 PM   #10
Elmo

Howdy Ozcat keep an eye out for events that our local rep will be organising this year a a a Mr Banshee (staffs rep)
Old 26-02-2006, 06:02 PM   #11
Mand

No not sad.....

I got mine in the June and couldn't legally ride until the end of the August. I thought I was going to go mad with frustration.
Old 26-02-2006, 06:41 PM   #12
Pugi

Quote:
Somehow eonan comes to mind. The delivery company dropped the poor man's bike and it was repainted etc. for weeks. I'm sure you'll love it when you do get to ride it though...welcome!
Old 26-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #13
nik_the_brief

Possibly a record although I recall that Banshee bought his but then didn't fess up to the missus that he had bought it for what semed like several months!
Old 28-02-2006, 10:12 AM   #14
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Dave
Howdy, i'm sure there has been more than one member on here in the past (maybe currently) who bought the bike before passing the test, and stared at it for months before they could legally ride it.
That would be SammyE, who couldn't even ride a bike on L plates (no CBT) when he bought his... A biking friend rode it for him on the test ride, and to get it home. I seem to think it was several months between purchase (and joining UKMOC) and actually being able to ride it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam
No, a record is a small round vinyl black thing!
I don't think LPs are small - they take up a lot of room in my place

Welcome anyway.

Miles
Old 28-02-2006, 11:28 AM   #15
MrsJel

Welcome

It won't be long til you get out there - honest. Had my monster delivered while my right arm was in plaster. Spent the next 4 (what seemed like perfectly sunny) weeks keep going in the garage sitting on the bike, starting it up and revving its little bits off, eventually worked up to wheeling it out and riding it. Was definitely worth the wait.

Have also had new bike for 3 weeks, done a few miles (even in the rain which was a bit stupid I know, but it was dry when I left home).

Enjoy your monster.

Carole