UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » noobie

Old 01-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #16
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Talking

Hi Nim. Welcome to the club!

I've recently bought an M620ie myself and am fairly new on this site as well. Everyone has been really helpful when it comes to advice + a bit of good ol' banter is thrown in for free.

If you ever want to meet up with a fellow Monsterer in London to check out some of those less busy roads - drop me a line.

Enjoy!

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #17
Nim

well slap my butt and call me judy

well thanks everyone, you've made me feel most welcome....and in answer to some of you, i live in norf london innit....but am mving back to the south side of the river in due course....all friends, family are there...and it beats biking thru london all the bloody time, which is bound to kill me eventually. if i wanted to be a courier, id ve bought a Bandit.

im definitely up a ride anytime anyones free...im a v new rider, and need some serious clocking up of miles...

the ace cafe sounds like a plan too....anyone here do the bulldog bash? i go most yrs....always a laugh, except the ride home...v hungover and wobbly last year (pretty much 1st time riding my bike!)
Old 01-02-2006, 09:34 PM   #18
geecy1

Welcome Nim,see you at the shoot Sun.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #19
Pugi

Well..when you get to the south side I'd be happy to meet up for a ride. I'm rather new myself so no high expectations had or given.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #20
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Hi Nim,

Look forward to seeing down in Kent at some point. Any thoughts on visiting Arrow Mill in May or Mallory in June yet?
Old 02-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #21
Nim

i would absolutely love to do both...which i guess means i will be! do you know what the story is with accomodation? are there certain places people know of to stay....espec for Arrow mill....sounds like a weekender to me...
Old 02-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #22
Tigerlily

Hi Nim, you could try the Travelodge at Alcester - that's where I'll be staying. It's not too far away (within walking/staggering distance) and you can still make arrangements to eat at Arrow Mill.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #23
Nim

excellent thanks! would it be a plan to get booking with that soon?
Old 02-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #24
Tigerlily

I've got mine booked. I don't think too many people stayed there last year and I don't know how big it is so I'd book it now if I were you - just to be on the safe side.
You need to leave some card details with them but you don't pay for it until you're there.

You can camp at the Mill too but I'm too fond of my comforts for that!
Old 02-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #25
Nim

ill do that then...thanks!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #26
Tigerlily

You're welcome Nim! Glad I could help
Old 03-02-2006, 08:27 AM   #27
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Nim, I will be staying at the Travelodge too. We can get real drunk and guess which one of us people are calling! I booked my room there ages ago, just did it online and left card details with them. It's unlikely I will make it to the Mill for breakfast but I'm told there is a Little Chef opposite but I will be having my evening meal at the Mill. On the booking form for the Mill is this option, so you just need to fill that in and send it off. If I don't see you before, then I'll see you there. It's a good weekend and you'll have a laugh. Promise.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #28
Nim

hey nonnie, thats great...we could really confuse people by calling each other 'naomi' and then answering to the wrong nicknames...(im already lost...)
ill get onto the mill about booking forms and sort out accomodation too. i think its v unlikely ill be making it anywhere at all for breakfast, so little chef will prob be the plan...do people tend to stay the fri, and sat night and then go back on the sunday? or stay the sun night too?
Old 03-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #29
Nonnie
Dipstick!

I'll put a link here for all the information you need. It starts Friday night and finishes Monday morning. It's the May Day Bank Holiday so it's possible if your only worry is a 9 to 5 job! If you can't make the whole weekend at least get there for the National Rideout on the Sunday. There were about 60 monsters there last year and they all rumbled off to a nice pub for lunch. Me? I sat on the back of a Valkyrie in a leather armchair and waved at people periodically with one hand. I'd broken the other one the day before y'see! Must try not to do anything stoopid this year. Well, when I say stoopid, I really only mean I must not do anything that makes me unable to ride my bike.

Here's the link..

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=14597

And this is the one to book your room at the Travelodge. Have a check to see if there any single beds available at the Mill, you will have to share with others as there aren't any single occupancy rooms left and I'm not sure there are any spaces left in the female shared occupancy rooms but hey!!!

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_h...atfordAlcester

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6

Last edited by Nonnie; 03-02-2006 at 01:49 PM..
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #30
stuartg

I'm actually comin up just for the ride out..........and lunch of course