UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » U.K. Motorbike License

Old 04-03-2006, 07:10 AM   #16
amphius

hang on in there..... just a minor hiccup....
Old 04-03-2006, 07:33 AM   #17
tamtbam@hotmail

Ridin on the wrong side

Had the same prob when i came back from Kuwait. Lots of bad habits. Had to sit me cbt again, then pass the theory test and doin my test on the 4th april. Had a few lessons with the instructor and got it right at last and i've been ridin bikes for 15yrs but not the right way to pass a test. Keep at it. You'll get there.Tam.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #18
Lady-Bob

Those who don't pass 1st time are usually better riders than those that do... mainly 'cos they respect their license a little more and aren't c@cky mummies boys who are gonna wrap their bike round the first lampost they find in an effort to show off!

Rant over. ... stick with it. Sidcup in South East London's not too bad. But they are hot on observations and making progress.

Quite rightly, they won't pass you if your dangerous!
Old 06-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #19
Lost Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
Those who don't pass 1st time are usually better riders than those that do... mainly 'cos they respect their license a little more and aren't c@cky mummies boys who are gonna wrap their bike round the first lampost they find in an effort to show off!

Rant over. ... stick with it. Sidcup in South East London's not too bad. But they are hot on observations and making progress.

Quite rightly, they won't pass you if your dangerous!
I passed my bike test after 3 lessons with 1 minor and my car test after 2 lessons with 2 minors. I've not hit a lampost yet. I'm not particularly ****y either and I certainly wouldn't say I'm a mummys boy.

Sorry for not fitting the stereotype, I'll try harder to hoist a huge wheelie past a group of lasses next time I see a lampost
Old 06-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #20
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
passed last week

Before i done my test i was told to just keep doing your lifesavers before you turn, dont mess up your u turn and dont go fast!! Worked for me!! Or maybe it was the fact that it was freezing cold, snowing and the instructor was in a car listening to music (i heard it through the ear piece!) more pissed of than me!!

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #21
kaysee

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddness100
so every biker with whom i've spoken has highly recommend i not drive without a license. .

Very sensible, if you get caught without a licence you will have plenty of time to study the highway code, before you get another one. Only a complete tw@t would consider such an option.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #22
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
No Licence, insurance, tax, MOT etc.. etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysee
Very sensible, if you get caught without a licence you will have plenty of time to study the highway code, before you get another one. Only a complete tw@t would consider such an option.
Sadly I think there are plenty out there that do for one stupid reason or another