UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » new member needs help

Old 14-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
spf

new member needs help

hello everyone,some help please....i want to change the back end of my m600,does anyone know what other duke seat/tail unit will fit and do i need to alter the subframe...hope someone can help,cheers.
Old 14-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
steviej

Thumbs up Oh 'ello..................

Firstly: Welcome Simon.

As for the seat senario I can't help. Paranoid Dave's probably your man, he likes to tinker OR you could try a 'Search'.................
Old 14-02-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
well unless you buy the specific mv tail built for the monster (please don't) then the only seat or tail that will fit will be the one that is on the back of your bike right now. ANY seat and tail can be made to fit, if you don't want to mod the frame then as I'm sure you've noticed, the catch under the seat isn't exactly techno stuff. So you could remove the catch off the seat and screw it onto something else you have lined up. The main problem with the monster is the frame is on show, which means when you strip the back end down, compared to a lot of bikes the frame is lower so don't go thinking you can cover it up with a new tail, it'll still be on show only with something different plonked on top and it's quite likely it'll look a lot less in keeping with the frame than the seat you took off. Having said that it can be done and there are always exceptions to the rule.
The real question is what did you have in mind? please don't tell me you want a 916 end with underseat pipes zzzzzZZZZZZ

So tell all, what's your fancy, then maybe we'll help with how to fit it.
Old 14-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #4
Fosse Foxfight

I believe this is what you will want...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spf
hello everyone,some help please....i want to change the back end of my m600,does anyone know what other duke seat/tail unit will fit and do i need to alter the subframe...hope someone can help,cheers.
Availabe in a few colours I reckon

http://tinyurl.com/chgcu

ta ra
Old 15-02-2006, 09:06 AM   #5
Tigerlily

Welcome to the club Simon,

Is it the "tea-tray" that you want to get rid of? You could have a tail chop it makes quite a difference to the look of the back end and isn't that difficult to do. Do a search for "Tail chop"- there should be some before and after pics you can look at
Old 15-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #6
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Hi spf

Go for a tail chop if that's what you like, or get a nice,tidy shorter carbonfibre tail.

I don't think those fancy MV style tails look good on a Monster, but each to his own.

Welcome to
Old 15-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #7
stuartg

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletrack
Go for a tail chop if that's what you like, or get a nice,tidy shorter carbonfibre tail.

I don't think those fancy MV style tails look good on a Monster, but each to his own.

Welcome to
Chop it and put a MV seat unit on, dont listen to 'em

Welcome to the club
Old 15-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #8
stuartg

For those that may be interested the tail unit and lamp were bought via e bay here are the appropriate links

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GFK-DUCATI-MON...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MV-AGUSTA-LED-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 15-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #9
w108rna

Thank you! It was me who was asking earlier.

Ta ta.
Old 15-02-2006, 07:00 PM   #10
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
I think a lot of seat units could be made to fit - it just depends how brutal/creative you want to get with angle grinder, welder and GRP. Some of the DD racers have used jap trackday bodywork, and the sportclassic range have a neat retro seat unit. The MV rear is another option, but a bit to bulky for the slim profile of a monster IMO

A difficult area to get looking right is where the seat & tank meet, which is an awkward shape on the monster. PD's Kylie is a good example of the full on approach, but I've seen other rear ends that look good and take less effort. Unless you can decide what look your aiming for, it'll be difficult to give accurate advice.

Last edited by gary tompkins; 15-02-2006 at 07:06 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote