UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Aviva / Equity Red Star

Old 15-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
I've been with H&R for ages on bike (good prices and customer service), and Bikesure for trike - not sure how they compare for two wheels

Age, location and lack of NCB will always work against you. One of the few advantages of being mid 40's with 10+ years NCB gives me - even if Dartford's seen as a high theft risk area

Last edited by gary tompkins; 15-08-2010 at 10:16 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #17
He11cat

And your a student!!!??? with that cost of insurance round your neck! and running a duke ..wow.

Bloody hell fire!... when I was a student if we could afford a can of beans and a can of beer after I brought my technical equipment and books were were in for a top night

Second time round I kept a Suzi 400 on the road but lived on beans and noodles .. and smash.
maybe I should go back and finish my degree after all things must have gotten better over the years.

Thats mental ... £800 quid plus .. I am glad to be an old bird at last .
With my own teeth as well wow even when I was younger at 21 it was about £400 to insure my bike(s ) only common bikes nowt posh!

I am shopping about to at the moment as my insurance runs out this week.. I was complaining at at £200 +
Hope you find something less mental then that
Old 16-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #18
bex

Haha yep it's all cool, the 2 mentioned in the thread title are much more sensible that's why I was trying to sound out their reputations. At the minute I only pay 200 which is 0 voluntary excess and full breakdown cover etc on tpft, which I think is pretty good. It'll be going up a bit with a newer bike as expected.

This is why I work during uni and full time in summer while a lot of my mates are scratching their arses!

Bikes are worth it!!

Last edited by bex; 16-08-2010 at 12:21 AM..
Old 16-08-2010, 12:31 AM   #19
He11cat

I did the same.. worked my arse of at night and in the summer .. no gap year for me ..

I have the insurance trawl tomorrow ... Carol Nash can go whistle as can Bennets this year
Old 16-08-2010, 01:42 AM   #20
rac3r

I've just done mine with CIA Insurance who use some company in paris! came to about £500 tpft inc full breakdown cover which isn't bad considering im 20, 1ncb and a student
Old 16-08-2010, 02:15 AM   #21
He11cat

I did MCN compare ... it was pants!!!
Old 16-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #22
sadbiker

Equity Red star policys are used by loads of brokers, In 06 they paid out on 2 total loss claims I had under the same policy, once that stigma colled off a bit I did move to other insurers as not suprisingly my renewals had got a little expensive.

If the price was right I wouldn't have any issues going with them.

Always found Ducati Insurance to be very helpfull as brokers. Even when sorting my cliams out.

As for Aviva, Only used them when they were NU and only if cheap, found them to be a bit of a pain in the neck when things go wrong.
Old 16-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #23
J_Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac3r View Post
I've just done mine with CIA Insurance who use some company in paris! came to about £500 tpft inc full breakdown cover which isn't bad considering im 20, 1ncb and a student
I was insured though CIA (cover was with chaucer) when I trashed my bike in May. They handled everything very well, no problems.
Old 16-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #24
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Contact Nick at ducati insurance he is the man...
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #25
bex

Thanks I will do!

Thanks all for the advice, seems like either will be fine.
Old 16-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #26
gremlin

I'm with Aviva £89 fully comp extra for protecting no claims and leathers but think it only bumped it up to £119 ish but I am twice your age. The stupid thing was my 125 would have been £160, don't get it but there's no accounting for insurers! I haven't had to try to claim yet so can't say how good they are, keeping fingers crossed I don't have to either!
Old 17-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #27
He11cat

Swinton have got me this year they matched mce and threw an extra in.
All the cheapest quotes where equity redstar
Old 20-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #28
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbex View Post
Thanks.

Just tried that one Steve, its exact same format/layout as Ducati Insurance one and gives same quotes... maybe I'll call them tomorrow instead
Just called Ducati insurance to try to get them to beat Wicked quotes... turns out they ARE in fact the same company!

You learn something every day...
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #29
cairojay

Equity Red Star for me £140 FC. I love being an old git!