UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » I defy you to go anywhere else!

Old 03-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
benson

Thumbs up I defy you to go anywhere else!

Right then - I think most folks know my prediliction for Rosso Corse nyway but here comes some more good news about the duo of Markus and Ray...

Let's face it, they've looked after me and the monster for a good few years - and yeah - I've spent a lot of cash on the beastie and they've been great.

Well - at the weekend I noticed a rather worrying lack of brake fluid, the sight glass in my reservoir finally had given in and was slowly but worryingly weeping fluid... Well - we got home fine and so today I had a spare few minutes and I called Ray to ask if they had a replacement. I turfed up mid afternoon and Ray stopped what he was doing, found me a replacement reservoir, ordered me two new ones (cos let's face it the clutch one will be bound to go the same way all too soon...) and then fitted the doodah and off I went - no charge. THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!!!! I didn't expect to get a freebie - and I know I spend shed loads on the bike but it was still a great gesture and much appreciated....All I need now is a Rosso Corse flag to fly off the back seat and a t shirt to wear at work so if anyone has a Ducati they know exactly where to go to make sure it's looked after.

So - if anyone in the london or sarf east needs anything for their monster, look no further....

Cheers guys - and see you soon no doubt.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #2
Humbucker

Just had my 600 mile service done by Ray at Rosso and must admit both guys are top blokes. As i live about 15 miles away i had to wait around while Ray was servicing but he didn't mind me being there and showed me quite a few things that i should keep an eye on myself and how to adjust the odd bit here and there. I wont be going anywhere else and new cans are now on the agenda for Rosso to sort out for me.

Bike was running a bit lean but now fully run in i just had to take the rest of the day burning about Essex and ended up on the beach on Mersea Island reading my copy of the Long Way Round before bombing through the lanes back to Hornchurch in time for dinner. How nice to be able to really open her up now to see what she can do.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
benson

Hi Hum - glad you went to RC - they truly are top guys...Glad you're enjoying the bike too - they really are gorgeous and on days like today there's little better.

Ride safe and see you soon!

Benson
Old 12-04-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
Humbucker

Hi Benson,

nice to meet you at Goodwood the other week, thought you'd be at the ace tonight.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
Chaos

rosso corse

Ray wot a star!!!!! i needed a new tank clip, one fone call and bless him he let some strange burd ona ducati come up to his home (much nearer for me) to pick it up so i cud ride my baby, i know where my bike is going in future coz me m8 has nothing but praise for these guys and my old mechanic lives in burton on trent, i bit of a hike now i've moved back down sarf
Old 12-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #6
banditloon

Ray and Marcus are top blokes. I had my first introduction to them at the beginning of this year. The throttle cable snapped, and the first place I tried was RC. Cables in stock, popped up to them on the Saturday, cables bought and Marcus (arm in sling at time) said "If you get stuck whilst changing them, give us a call and we'll talk you through it" I'd just basically walked in off the street.

Monster went in not long later for belts, chain and sprockets (ask Ray about the state of the chain on my Monster!!!), brake pads and some other bodges from the previous owner sorted. Sat around for the morning, nicking the coffee and watched my bike get fixed.

And then the last time, last week. Fork seals and oil done, oil sight glass changed (Ray broke it!!), all done in the morning. Shame about the choice of music, but I'd rather sit and watch the bike get fixed than disappear for a couple of hours. I will end up spending money around the shops in London!!

Superb place to take your Ducati, and any comission should be coming my way soon
Old 12-04-2007, 07:08 PM   #7
Humbucker

[QUOTE=banditloon;201066]And then the last time, last week. Fork seals and oil done, oil sight glass changed (Ray broke it!!), all done in the morning. Shame about the choice of music, but I'd rather sit and watch the bike get fixed than disappear for a couple of hours. I will end up spending money around the shops in London!!

I agree bandit, the music was a bit suspect
Old 12-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #8
benson

Never! top music and top blokes!

Not at the ace tonight as I had a run to go on - a nice jog through Epping forest - loadsa bunnies!!!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #9
banditloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson View Post
The emergency Elvis was ok, it was just the Elton John songs doing my head in
Old 12-04-2007, 09:16 PM   #10
Humbucker

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson View Post

Not at the ace tonight as I had a run to go on - a nice jog through Epping forest - loadsa bunnies!!!!!
Amy Winehouse????????????? I think not
Old 12-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #11
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Don't you mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbucker View Post
Amy Winehouse????????????? I think not
No, No, No.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #12
Humbucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
No, No, No.
nice one
Old 12-04-2007, 11:44 PM   #13
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
No, No, No.
One or two mentions of Ray in their too.....

They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'
Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go go

I'd rather be at home with ray
I aint got seventeen days
Coz there's nothing
There's nothing you can teach me
That I can't learn from mr hathaway

****ing hate the song personally but there are one or two words which could be interpreted as your monster going in for a service, or am I pissed and writing bollox.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote