UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Looking for an Independent in Manchester/North West

Old 06-05-2004, 04:23 PM   #1
Little Monster

Looking for an Independent in Manchester/North West

Hi

I'm a new Monster Dark owner in Manchester. Does anyone know of any independent dealers localish' to me?

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:28 PM   #2
dean

Hey and welcome to the monsterdome. I had an experience with woods motorcycles of abergele (north wales, like you didnt guess!) and i am afraid it was not a good one. I thought it might be important to tell you just in case. I am sure you'll have a few people locally who will drop you a thread giving you some sound advice on people local to you
Old 06-05-2004, 04:31 PM   #3
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Try Paul Klatkiewicz @ Ducati Technical Services (01924 860210)....over 30 years experience, recommended, and will be much cheaper (and better!) than a regular duke dealer..

Good Luck!!

Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 04:33 PM   #4
manc skank

Hi Holly!

I can recommend Italsport in Bury, good prices and friendly service. I paid £267 for a full service inc belts. The man to speak to is Roy, tell him Rick, with the 'funny monster' sent ya!

nice to see another monster in manc, StevieJ is trying to put to gether a ride this sunday if you keen. oh btw i lived in Sale up until 6 months ago, on Wardle Rd. Bet there has never anything as exciting as a Monster in Sale!!
Old 06-05-2004, 04:42 PM   #5
DesmoS4

Re: Looking for an Independent in Manchester/North West

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Hi

I'm a new Monster Dark owner in Manchester. Does anyone know of any independent dealers localish' to me?

Thanks.
Hi Holly

Italsport
Unit 1
Yarwood St
Bury
BL9 7AU

Tel 0161 7976124

They are a small family run dealership that have dealt exclusively Ducati for 25yrs +.

Bought my S4 off them 3yrs ago and had all my servicing done there as well.

In fact just back from picking the bike up from an intermediate service total cost inc VAT £240.55 can't say fairer than that
Old 06-05-2004, 04:54 PM   #6
Mr Cake

I've just spent £387.44 on a two year (belt service) for my M750.

If I wanted cheap servicing I'd have bought a Suzuki

Dave
Old 06-05-2004, 05:08 PM   #7
Little Monster

NattyBoy

Where's Duc Tech Services based?
Old 06-05-2004, 05:16 PM   #8
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
DTS...Wakefield....dont shout at me if its too far...I never did do very well @ geography !!!

Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 03:54 PM   #9
DesmoS4

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat & Fiddler
I've just spent £387.44 on a two year (belt service) for my M750.

If I wanted cheap servicing I'd have bought a Suzuki

Dave
120 quid more than Manc Skank for the same service!!

If I wanted cheap servicing I'd buy a jap and DIY it. If you want a reasonably priced service from an authorised Ducati dealer give Italsport a try
Old 07-05-2004, 05:25 PM   #10
Little Monster

I was after an independent to save money, not an authorised dealer. Are Italsport independent?
Old 07-05-2004, 06:20 PM   #11
manc skank

afaik they are an authorised dealer of ducs... beyond that dunno
Old 07-05-2004, 10:52 PM   #12
DesmoS4

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
I was after an independent to save money, not an authorised dealer. Are Italsport independent?
Italsport are an authorised dealership which means they have access to Ducatis computerised parts system, can do warranty work and obviously can sell officially imported new bikes.

But and it's a big but, they are not one of the new generation "coffee shops". I sort of knew about them years ago, when the original 900ss was the bike I dreamed of owning. Thats how far back they go and possibly because of this they seem to operate more independently than more modern dealerships.

Your best bet is to give them a ring or better still go and have a look at them, see what they are about and make a decision on that.

The most important aspect of owner/dealer relationship is trust. I trust Italsport to service my bike. Only you can decide whether they meet the criteria your looking for . HTH
Old 12-06-2004, 11:07 AM   #13
Little Monster

Well, £280 all in for a 12000 mile service at Ital sport. And i do trust they've done it properly (touch wood).