UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Fuels & Oils » Ethanol test for pump petrol

Old 18-11-2016, 06:45 PM   #1
Fat Pete

List of petrol brews with and without Ethonol

I found this aticale and it gives a list of Super Unleaded that do and do not contain Ethonol http://www.groups.tr-register.co.uk/...ol-update.html
Worth a look.

Pete.
Old 18-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
uncle duke

Bike: S2r 1000
Yeh always worried about amount of ethanol in petrol (s2r plastic tank) so it was good to see that the super unleaded in your area at least doesn't seem to contain any .How old is the tr register article ?? . so i think its gotta be super unleaded for the bike as i always try to do anyway .
uncle duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Good factual article Luddite, and nice graphic demonstration.. Thank you for posting this.

The "TR" article refers to 2013 in the future tense, so we can assume it is pre-2013 at least. Some of the links don't work anymore either, so I think we can assume that some of the info is out of date.?
Old 18-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #4
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Pete View Post
I found this aticale and it gives a list of Super Unleaded that do and do not contain Ethonol http://www.groups.tr-register.co.uk/...ol-update.html
Worth a look.

Pete.
I've referred to that article myself, Pete. It's been very useful but it's been around a few years now with no updates so I'm not sure how accurate the list of suppliers and ethanol proportions are. Interesting to see that the Esso ethanol level was shown as 5%, which is the amount I found in my test.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote