UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » 696 Here I come!

Old 27-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Lucati

696 Here I come!

Well I've only gone and done it..... I know there has been a lot of ummming and Arrrring over whether it looks the business but I know I'm going to love it and I will have bike envy as soon as I pull up next to one at the lights!
So I popped down to Metropolis today and put down a deposit on a 696+ in pearl white!!!! I wont see it until late august but i'm sure it will be worth waiting for!

Meanwhile I shall obviously carry on lovin' my 695 but in a few months it will be up for grabs, by then it will have approx. 4500 miles on it - Factory standard except with an alarm and the seat cowel and fly screen. Its a year old this April and will therefore have warranty and service history to back it up. Any suggestions on how much I should expect to get / how much any of you would be willing to spend???

Cheers

Lucati!
Old 27-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
I never ummed or ahhhhed. Only in glorious envy!

I think it's gorgeous.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Shandy

That pearl white is just the best colour too.......good choice

It will be intersting to hear how the new generation compares to the old to live with........

Cheers,

Shandy
Old 27-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
sidrat
ex S4rs owner

Bike: S4r
Nice call, cant wait to hear how it rides, does it come with a screen?
sidrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #5
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnie View Post
I never ummed or ahhhhed. Only in glorious envy!

I think it's gorgeous.
I'm with you Nohomie. It is proper garrrrgeous!

However, Mr Lucati I haven't a clue how much your bike is worth, I am rubbish with such matters. Roll on August eh? Enjoy and post up some piccies.
Old 27-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
nice one !
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
Jules

Dead green with envy, well chosen and in the best colour, i suspose i will just have to keep dribbling over my poster in my office. Unless i can sweet talk ped into it! or sell my rs!! I will keep trying.
Old 27-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #8
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
good man! Say hi to Damiano for me!
Old 27-03-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryXt View Post
good man!
hey folks - looks like someone has hacked into J's account!

Congrats Lucati
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
Lucati

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrat View Post
Nice call, cant wait to hear how it rides, does it come with a screen?
It comes with a small pair of sunglasses mounted infront of the clocks pretending to be a screen!

Thanks for your kind words one and all, I went home and sheepishly told the mrs i'd bought a new bike and she did'nt really understand what all the fuss was about so it's nice to have like minded people to talk to!
Old 29-03-2008, 06:10 AM   #11
rockbob

You Lucky s@@

I am so envious, my local dealer has informed me they are having open day on the 3/4 may hoping to get a test ride can't wait!! white is the best colour good choice. Its a shame there is so much negativity towards the new monster but each to there own but in business you can't stand still if you do you go under , i am sure it will bring a new wave of owners to the brand which can only be good. I hope you enjoy your new toy when it arrives. I am off to grovel to her indoors.
Wish me luck
I want one
Old 29-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #12
Humbucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucati View Post
It comes with a small pair of sunglasses mounted infront of the clocks pretending to be a screen!

Thanks for your kind words one and all, I went home and sheepishly told the mrs i'd bought a new bike and she did'nt really understand what all the fuss was about so it's nice to have like minded people to talk to!
I think you will find that is the same withmost spouses, however keep on at em they eventually understand or at least become really good at pretending they do. Over the last few years Mrs Humbucker, knows 46 is Rossi, 52 is Toseland and that Ducati is the best bike to own. She even gets the off side rule in footie

Any congrats on the new bike. It seems to look better every time i see it.
Old 31-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #13
Gary Harrison

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Lucati;247468]It comes with a small pair of sunglasses mounted infront of the clocks pretending to be a screen!

Thanks for your kind words one and all, I went home and sheepishly told the mrs i'd bought a new bike and she did'nt really understand what all the fuss was about so it's nice to have like minded people to talk to! [Thank god I'm not the only one who goes out and orders a new bike despite a dissaproving 'her indoors'. I've just odrered a 696 plus in red from Ducati Wolverhampton having not ridden a bike for over 25 years. I have been told to expect it end of April / early May...how am I going to sleep until them ? I feel like a (53 year old !) kid waiting for Father Christmas to arrive !!/QUOTE]
Old 31-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #14
Lucati

And I only went in to look for a new pair of boots!
Old 31-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #15
benson

Well done and wish you well to ride it - pearl white ought to look rather delicious!!!