UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Rosso Corse / Riding though London

Old 21-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
Panther

Rosso Corse / Riding though London

Took the monster down to Rosso Corse for the first time to get Serviced, Ray seem like a fair guy. Any one got any review about the place????

As I'm in desperate need of a service, and Ray could squeeze me in when I gave him short notice.
London is a far fare miles from my little village in Leicestershire, and was my first bike ride, It’s nice to get a few miles under my belt.
I must say riding in London is very different to the Sticks too Some of those courier riders are so crazy in between the traffic.

Still fun ride down and always nice when all the commuters are looking round at the beast!
Old 21-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Lots of us in London use Rosso Corse for various bits & pieces and there are few problems, but there will always be some. I've used them and never had a problem.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Exactly as JP says.

Ray and Marcus are top guys - fantastic service and even have the sticker on the back to raise the profile.

Only ever had one problem and that was sorted straight away with no questions asked.

p.s. Riding through/in London is a blast. The only problem is the traffic lights!!!

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Lucati

Yep, used them for spares - it's a bit scarey round those arches but they are friendly and very helpful!
I love driving in London - the sound reverb off the buildings is great.
Mr Headhunter is right, the lights are the main pain although it was sitting at a red where he pulled up next to me and told me about this club so something good comes from sitting waiting for the green lights!
Old 21-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
No probs from me. Saw your bike in there this morning(nice paint) when I dropped by so Ray and Marcus could help me out with a last minute problem... yet again.

Long way from Nottingham for a service! do you need your loaction changing?
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #6
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Long way from Nottingham for a service! do you need your loaction changing?
I was thinking that - did you try Cornerspeed in Notts?
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
Diego

I use Rosso as well. Top guys. Swamped at times (fair number of Duc's in London) but when the s*it hits the fan they are ready for you.
Old 21-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
Panther

Cornerspeed were book up and Ducati Coventry could not get the bike in for a service of 2 weeks. Although my home is Leicestershire, I'v been working out of St.Albans for the last 4 weeks and about to work down in Fareham for the next few weeks too. So really needed ASAP (did not fancy a weekend commute from Farham to home).

Well I'v got the Bike back and it feels so much smoother. I'm very happy with the job Ray has done, Although my wallets over £500 lighter. He did do 8 hours of work on it.

Has anyone seen s2r down there with the most amazing twin head light???? it will look mint when its finished.

CK my old 620 lump will be going on ebay in the next could of weeks, if your still after bits?
Old 21-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #9
benson

Glad the guys looked after you - they've always been fantastic as far as I'm concerned - even if I've spent enough in there over the years to buy a small caribbean island!!! Happy monstering and hope to see you out and about - if not under the arches!!!
Old 22-05-2008, 05:33 AM   #10
faulkss

I have to agree with everyone here. Although I have not dropped my bike in there yet I was there the day that Panther dropped his bike off.

Mainly there to look around and get a feel for the place, but Ray made sure that I left with the Ducati spares book and a card as I mentioned that I was looking for Carbon Bling.

So from where I was sitting, this guy does not know me from a bar of soap and lends me the only copy of the parts guide that is has .... genuine gesture!

Glad that you were happy with the service. Make me all the more happy to drop my bike off there next week!

Cheers

Steve
Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #11
fliu6

I had bad experience with them... I will never ever go back again.

Surprised there are many good comments for them,

There always are good and bad...
Old 11-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #12
benson

Interesting that your two posts are both negative about them though?
Old 13-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #13
jerry
Old Git

some shops are like that you either love em or hate em.it must be a personality thing , I see it all the time .some people I click with others I cant stand.
Old 17-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #14
littlejimmy12

had me tail chopped last week by Ray and I ave to say top job, he wouldn't let me leave until everything was tip top 100% perfectly done. The man is very anal about his level of workmenship, just what you want. Also I think its a good thing to support a genuine independant set up, I rode almost 2 hrs through london to use them.
Old 17-06-2008, 07:33 AM   #15
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejimmy12
...I rode almost 2 hrs through london to use them.
Wow, I thought London was only 45 minutes wide.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote