UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Area Rep List » Area Reps List - Updates Required!!!!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #91
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I haven't heard from Simon for some years, build it and they will come
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #92
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
I agree.. If you want to revive an otherwise dead section, you need to get off your arses and make it happen. It's no good moaning about a lack of activity in your area, unless your prepared to do something about it. Getting a region active isn't always easy, but the end results make it well worth the effort. However you need to work at it constantly otherwise a busy section can quickly die out again.

It's a pity UKMOC's always struggled to maintain more than 3 or 4 active sections during it's history. It would be nice to get a better spread of club activity throughout the country. It is a national club at the end of the day, but the level of organised activity fails to reflect this. We even struggle to get locals to the Weekender at Arrow Mill, which considering it less than an hours ride for members based in the midlands is a bit sad if you ask me.

Last edited by gary tompkins; 05-12-2011 at 09:23 AM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #93
Lima071

Pedro, can you delete it and restart it with the current area rep list please. It will cut down the reading time for new members.

Last edited by Lima071; 28-12-2011 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: factually incorrect when I found extra pages
Old 29-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #94
Kameloil

Scot moc???

Looks like I may be moving just north of Herts so might have to take a rain check on a Middlesx group............got a job offer in Aberdeen and will be moving up in the next few months...........anyone out there? ;(

Do Pickfords take bikes?
Old 29-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #95
Lima071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameloil View Post
Looks like I may be moving just north of Herts so might have to take a rain check on a Middlesx group............got a job offer in Aberdeen and will be moving up in the next few months...........anyone out there? ;(

Do Pickfords take bikes?
Great road from forres to aviemore with scenery to match.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #96
neilo

North Wales - too quiet

I was just wondering why there seemed to be very little UKMOC activity in my neck of the woods i.e. North Wales. It's obviously got some great roads, and is even better if you know the quieter ones you can have a 'blast' on. I live in Buckley, but ride all over North-mid Wales, and do ~6-7,000mls a year without tiring of the same scenery. Biking is my main hobby, and so if the weather's half-decent, I'm out every weekend.

Even though I see various monsters every time I'm out, I never see any posts up here organising any meets, guided rideouts, etc.

I'm not sure what being a UKMOC area rep involves, but I 'kind of' used to be one when I owned a Kawasaki Versys, and organised lots of meets/rideouts every year, if not every month.

Not wanting to step on claicerrig's or anybody elses toes, but if anybody needs any help organising meets/rideouts in North Wales, or if you just fancy a spin in North Wales but don't know where to go and need a guide, I'd be very pleased to help.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #97
pooh
Lincolnshire Area Rep

Im still in Lincolnshire just need some Monster riders who want to meet up for fish and chips and tea, we do have good roads aswell.

Pooh
Old 30-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #98
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I've just added a North Wales forum to regions, many thanks to neilo for stepping up and taking this on.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #99
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Rob/Pedro

Can we have an update on this and list any unoccupied posts as vacant please?

I think a few reps are no longer active (as in not logged on to forum in years), moved to a different location or don't own a monster any more.

Last edited by gary tompkins; 03-02-2013 at 09:30 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #100
nambduke
Silver Member

Bike: M1000ie
With Lowsider abdicating, I'll pick up the Yorkshire region. Might need a few little helpers along the way. Here's to a long hot summer!! Eventually

Best regards,
Mark
Old 07-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #101
Lowsider

Sorry Deserted to the Dark side....
Old 23-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #102
dbycottis

Bike: S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel87 View Post
I live is Sussex
Hi rebel, I'm also in Sussex, are you going to be the new rep? I think their are quite a few monnie owners down here but I've never been to an organised meet....
Old 23-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #103
Desmo Pete

I'll volunteer for cornwall
Old 12-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #104
theoldbuzzard

Somerset Ducatisti has been revived. We will be meeting on the second Tuesday of the month at The Halfway House, Pitney Hill, Langport, Somerset, TA10 9AB.
Old 25-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #105
Stued

Was talking to Mohawk and I believe I have just volunteered for the duties of Norfolk rep, happy to do it but which grown ups need to know?

All the best

Stu