UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » M1200s

Old 30-06-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
mickj

Bike: M1200s
M1200s

So after doing all my research I have opted for a 1200s, went to the stealer for another dem (well you have to be sure) and was looking at the pro's and conn's of a new 1200 or a used 1200s. New is always nice but a used one offers better value and they were on offer at virtually the same price once I had a bit of a haggle with them. But my wife stepped in and said if you prefer new and you prefer the S just get a new S. It gets delivered next week
Old 30-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
Darkness

Bike: M900
What a sensible wife: recognises that you’d regret not having new or S, so get both.

Old 30-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgt View Post
So after doing all my research I have opted for a 1200s, went to the stealer for another dem (well you have to be sure) and was looking at the pro's and conn's of a new 1200 or a used 1200s. New is always nice but a used one offers better value and they were on offer at virtually the same price once I had a bit of a haggle with them. But my wife stepped in and said if you prefer new and you prefer the S just get a new S. It gets delivered next week
Thats a good girl you got there!
Old 07-07-2018, 05:23 PM   #4
mickj

Bike arrived yesterday so been out on it for a bit of acclimatisation and I've found that the seat is a weapon of extreme torture, can't wait till my comfort seat turns up next week. The exhaust is on the quiet side so a can is on it's way as are some new twist grips, the skinny little things may be fine for a little Italian with girls hands but way too small for me. Apart from that everything is great, handling, brakes and engine are superb (with the exception of a couple of false neutrals around 5 gear), so I hope these go as the box wears in.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:00 PM   #5
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Gearbox will get better with more miles and also once the clutch beds in
Old 25-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #6
mickj

Had the first (whatever happened to free) service yesterday, no problems and now that I have the "comfort" seat (just higher) it is a bit better.
So I have run it in quite gently and am now using up to 5000 revs, neutral can still be a bit tricky to get when stopped and the false neutral between 4th and 5th is going so I hope that's a problem sorted. Bike runs great, new pipe sounds great so I'm very happy so far. Just need to gather together some accessories now like radiator guards, crash bobbins and a pin for my paddock stand so I lube the chain properly.
Old 25-07-2018, 08:07 PM   #7
Killjoy

got 450 miles on mine never found a false neutral but the real one is hard to find!!! i have just ridden mine and not really stuck to a limit but upto 6 was enough to get started.
Old 26-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #8
Maz

Right. Neutral! Yeah. That took me a while. The M1200s has to be perfectly upright for neutral to engage. Old M696 doesn’t have this electronics ‘demands’ . Also I often find false neutral when using quickshifter between 4 and 5 as well.

Had some issues with bike last week, intermittent and sudden loss of power. After few trips back and forwards to dealer the quickshifter ‘module’ was replace and she was good to go.

If you guys have a chance to have suspension set up I would highly recommend that. After a skills day in Thruxton she is a delight to ride.
Old 26-07-2018, 08:42 AM   #9
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I have an R so no quickshifter. Still Neutral is vague to say the least and I get false N 4 to 5 rarely and 5 to 6 more often. However only if I shift up clutch less.

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: