UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Bikers 'Caught'

Old 26-03-2020, 08:40 PM   #16
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
It would appear to be pretty harmless on the face of it. You are likely to be solo, if you don't stop you shouldn't come into contact with anyone and you are wearing a helmet so you can cough & splutter to your hearts content without affecting anyone else.

However, as Slob has pointed out, what if you are involved in an RTA, chances are not your fault?

You may end up taking up a critical care bed at a time when the NHS can ill afford it.

Stay at home & tinker with your beloved. You could always work on your bike as well.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 10:27 AM   #17
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Some clowns in Wales.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-town-17983969
Old 27-03-2020, 10:48 AM   #18
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Nah! It's just the North-West section out practicing the runs for the Weekender..

"Bikers" do seem to be immune though? Here's an extract from the last Andover Norton Newsletter. Please allow for the author being a self opinionated nob.

"With the virus upon us not all is doom and gloom, in fact quite the opposite!
Our hobby is virtually risk-free and healthy. After all motorcycling takes place on the bike either alone under one’s helmet or two-up with our partner or family member, and the workshop is normally a room where mechanic and motorcycle (project?) are alone in the room. No danger of infection!
Plus, looking at the turbulences in current stock markets, a decline in value is unheard of in the world of classic motorcycles"
Old 27-03-2020, 01:26 PM   #19
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I have to go out to take care my mate pete who lives 15 miles away , he has COPD, also cant walk and is in total isolation get him his shopping and meds , normally he has a carer but thats been stopped so its only me ,if i go down he is ****ed , he was getting weekly delivery online but thats now impossible, to book even though he is on the government NHS vulnerable list , pharmacy has stopped delivering meds too. also taking care my dad and his girlfriend 90 and 91,,, sometimes im using the car and sometimes a bike ,, been stopped once by cops ,, but showed them petes medical cards and no problem. im trying to only go shopping maximum 2 times a week ...also walking round local park for a mile once a day for physical exercise,, most people doing same are keeping 10m away and only alone or parents with kids or dogs etc ,, BUT there is a problem with goups of sweaty runners and joggers and sicklists spitting and coughing running in Packs in my area ,, dozens of the morons ?????wtf!!!!!!!
Old 27-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #20
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
A lot of people just seem to be carrying on as normal, which is a worry. If there was ever a situation to encourage OCD this is it. I'm now disinfecting everything I bring into the house from food shopping, because you just don't know who else has had their grubby hands on it. People spitting in the street is disgusting anyway but now its just ignorant and dangerous too.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 06:48 PM   #21
uncle duke

Bike: S2r 1000
I must say with the glorious weather this week & the lack of cars on the road i've been riding to work which has been very enjoyable ......
uncle duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 07:22 PM   #22
uncle duke

Bike: S2r 1000
Off subject but Strangely on the A14 which of course is the main road route to Felixstowe in places theres crows/rooks just standing in the road as though they're taking over with the massive gaps your getting now between vehicles .
uncle duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 07:35 PM   #23
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle duke View Post
Off subject but Strangely on the A14 which of course is the main road route to Felixstowe in places theres crows/rooks just standing in the road as though they're taking over with the massive gaps your getting now between vehicles .
They're just waiting for the glut of food to appear.

A bit late to panic about this, bloody stuff is out there and spreading very nicely. We're going to pay the price for out governments wonderfully flawed response which the change of policy admits was just a bit wrong.

Otherwise yep awesome weather, had both bikes running together. The R's clutch rattle drowns out the S2R.

I say more rum, you never saw a pirate suffering from this covid stuff