Old 05-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #16
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
A small cock!

Crust,

You took that bit of banter to heart! (Come and vent some anger here with me.)

Yorkie.
Yorkie, my old pal, you're way to tall for a shorty old git like me to be getting angry with.

No, I posted whilst working the steam engine at a fair so could be bothered with smillies or a more verbose answer.

Now dont tell me you havent been 'making progress' past a slower rider and had them do something unpredictable. When I was despatching most of us loathed 'commuters' because they either wanted to race when you're just trying to do a job or they got in your way because lets face it bike mirrors a pretty crap and they probably didn't see you coming.

Something set Mr Angry off or maybe he was having a bad day, and we've all had them, either way, follow him and find out what his problem is, ignore him or report him but screwing with some one elses bike, thats a cowardly thing to do.

And dont tell me that if you saw somebody letting some ones tyres down you'd ignore it.

Neil, I didn't say Mr Angry was in the right or justified, I'm curious as to what set him off. I've spent many years mixing with bikers/motorcyclists and yes there are the odd nutters out there but they are few and far between and even they need something to light the fuse.
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
He11cat

Everyone has different triggers , and thresholds .
What would make me laugh could make the next chap deck you..

Could have been a row with his Mrs set him off in a bad mood , late for work could have been something a few mins back.

Mind you with a plate like "bad" ... hmm says a fair bit along the lines of Yorkie's statment.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #18
StuartJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by crust View Post
So you think interfering with some one else's bike is the answer?

You going to leave him a note telling him you've made his bike unsafe?

Who appointed you judge, jury and executioner?

Before you go interfering with other peoples bikes think how you'd react if you saw somebody else doing it. If I saw some letting a bikes tyres down, anyone's not just mine, is stop them or if there was a copper get him to.

Methinks there's two sides to every story and I'm curious as to what made Mr angry so wound up.
Don't try to defend this idiots actions. Some one trying to smash their way past your bike in the cycling lane, kicking at your wheels, throwing punches at you and swerving in front to try to knock you off is indefensible regardless of what made them angry.

Granted I shouldn't have been in the cycling lane either, but this is London rush hour and most of us will filter down the cycling lane occasionally.

If you ride at break neck speed in the cycling lane through stationary traffic, you can't get angry if someone steps out, another rider pulls in or a cyclist gets in your way. If you can't stop in time, you're going too fast, period.

The cycling lane isn't his own personal race course, and who appointed him judge, jury and most likely executioner in the near future?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #19
Lucati

I totally agree, why on earth try and work out what his reasons for the aggressive behaviour are?! He sounds nuts, he sounds scary, the commute in town is tricky enough without that kind of crap and he'll give the rest of us good riders a bad name with other road users and probably end up killing someone.

Chin up Stuart!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #20
He11cat

SJ he will get his come uppance... if your heads that messed up riding you don't think straight and mess up..
He will either start on the wrong person or non concentrate due to road rage .. and splat..

just think Karma ... he will get it...
At least you didn't stoop to his level thats easy done... leave him to drag his knuckles on the tarmac at the lights... guys a pleb..
Old 06-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #21
Blufoot

Lets all go looking for him and kill him

THAT'LL LEARN 'IM

Last edited by Blufoot; 06-09-2010 at 01:45 PM..
Old 06-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #22
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Cool

I still say 'Small cock'

Yorkie.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #23
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Cool

Crust,

The 'come and vent some anger with me' wasn't a challenge, it was an invite to my present location.

I have learnt an awful lot in the last 5 months, not all good , and it puts all other things into perspective!

See ya

Yorkie
Old 06-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #24
crust
rattles when he walks

Where have I defended his actions?

He may be just a prick.

Or you may have done something to seriously **** him off, something you are unaware of, could be something that even justifies his actions however extreme.

Sounds like you don't know, maybe you need to work on your observational skills.

I know i'm not a perfect rider and that I'm still learning, I'd be using this experience to re-assess my riding to see if there was a lesson to be learnt.

However, if it makes you happy, ooh what a nasty man, don't worry he'll die one day.

Yorkie, I know the region you're in, sod that, you're welcome to it.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #25
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Cool

Quote:
sod that, you're welcome to it.
More the merrier!

Yorkie.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #26
StuartJames

Quote:
Sounds like you don't know, maybe you need to work on your observational skills.
There's nothing I've written that sounds like I don't know or didn't look where I was going, I don't know what gave you that impression.
The guy was out of control in very slow moving traffic in the cycling lane.
Do you really think he was riding like Miss Daisey all the way until he got stuck behind me and then turned into a racing maniac?
I get overtaken by scooters and other bikes that cut you up everyday, I'm just chilled out and let them get on with it.

Quote:
However, if it makes you happy, ooh what a nasty man, don't worry he'll die one day.
Come on Crust! No one wants that, we're just venting that idiots like this cross our paths at some point! Are you're trying to say that you wouldn't be annoyed when someone aggressively tries to knock you off your bike?!!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #27
crust
rattles when he walks

Hey, I dont know what went on I wasn't there.

I've been on both sides of the situation, I've unwittingly carved people up due to not concentrating/thinking about people going quicker than me, I've also had people carve me up without even knowing it until I pointed out the error of their ways.

If you're happy that you did nothing wrong then fine.

As for my last comment, sadly there's no tongue in cheek smiley,

SLOB, tongue in cheek smiley, purlease

Happened to me? How? being overtaken, dont recall it, nope, cant recall it ever happening, perish the thought.

SLOB, how we doing with that smiley?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #28
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
anything but smileys... please.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #29
crust
rattles when he walks