UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Dangerous rider

Old 04-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
StuartJames

Dangerous rider

Yesterday morning at 8:15am a rider on a big sports bike with small number plate ending in "BAD" tried to punch, kick and swerve at my bike to try and knock me off.

If anyone sees this idiot please get the full number plate for me so I can give it to the police. I don't particularly like to put number plates online, but this idiot needs to be stopped, named and shamed.

He was an extremely angry rider that didn't like being stuck behind me riding between stationary traffic queues along Embankment during rush hour. I'm far from being a slow rider, but there's no way I'm going to race down the cycle lane at 50mph.

The idiot finally raced by me in the cycle lane near Embankment tube stations, tried to kick my front wheel and swerved in front of me, only to stop at the red lights where he continued shouting, screaming, shaking his fists, and revving his engine to max. When he pulled away his bike fished tailed down the road before finally managing to get it under control. I watched him race off for at least five seconds, so god knows how fast he was going.

Wish I was wearing my helmet cam!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
bex

What a nut job. Thats pretty scary, glad he didnt knock you off.

Come to think of it, I might have seen you yesterday morning - saw a white 696 (with some beautifully noisy pipes!) turn onto vauxhall bridge going north, just as I'd come off it south side? I guess between 8:30 and 9am.

edit: sorry not vauxhall, cant remember the name!

Last edited by bex; 04-09-2010 at 09:39 AM..
Old 04-09-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
bex

Blackfriars bridge I meant.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Pomp1

Surely he'll be on one of Embankment CCTV, you can report him for several crimes.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
StuartJames

Yep, that could have been me going over Blackfriars Bridge, although I was at work for 8.30!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
He11cat

report it...

If you have the model of bike colour and part plate thats enough I would think with a plate with Bad on it..

Hes a liability and twats like that give bikers a bad name...

I had that with students in a car .. tried to take me out in a car on my 125 on purpose for a giggle.. then ran red lights. I had to swerve and arced my back wheel round..spun off.. I was steaming..
I hit the car good and hard in anger.. they soon changed the look on their faces when I got them at the lights the set they did choose to stop at!

Have to say I reported them could only recall part of the plate..
Theres enough CCTV for him to be picked up...
Also put word about...

I know what I would do if I saw the bike parked up... ooopssss I tripped over.. twat.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
PedroII

I've twice encountered a pair of twats on my commute back home around 17.30 from victoria embankment all the way to Mile end/bow rd/A12, one was on a gixxer 1000 cant remember the other, both wearing 1 piece leathers, tiny number plates and popping power wheelies at each traffic light and revving the f*** out of the bikes to make way. I'll keep a look out for 'BAD...' as I've got a feeling it might be one of them.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
bex

Probaby was you stuart, think it was earlier you're right, as I was dropping off for 8:30am for a service.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
If you report it, be prepared to be nicked for riding in the cycle lane yourself... and then find out his plate is false and he's got away with it.
Assuming they can be bothered to look at the CCTV.

Last edited by slob; 04-09-2010 at 04:22 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
There have always been aggressive retards out there, and as fast as they die out as a consequence, there seem to be even more waiting to replace them. I tend to just smile behind my visor, get out my imaginary bazooka and vapourise them. There's no place for aggression on the roads, so I try not to let them arouse any in me either, though its not always easy, but over the years I'm getting better at it. These individuals do need stopping though. But how? Don't wanna be a vigilante man, but there are some whose tyres I might let down if I saw them parked up. Now that would be a smile....what was that plate again?
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #11
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
But how? Don't wanna be a vigilante man, but there are some whose tyres I might let down if I saw them parked up. Now that would be a smile....what was that plate again?
So you think interfering with some one else's bike is the answer?

You going to leave him a note telling him you've made his bike unsafe?

Who appointed you judge, jury and executioner?

Before you go interfering with other peoples bikes think how you'd react if you saw somebody else doing it. If I saw some letting a bikes tyres down, anyone's not just mine, is stop them or if there was a copper get him to.

Methinks there's two sides to every story and I'm curious as to what made Mr angry so wound up.
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #12
Paivi

Yeah, sorry about that, but in my defence, you should have got out of my way as you were slowing me down.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #13
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Quote:
I'm curious as to what made Mr angry so wound up.
A small cock!

Crust,

You took that bit of banter to heart! (Come and vent some anger here with me.)

Yorkie.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #14
neilbaldry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crust View Post

Methinks there's two sides to every story and I'm curious as to what made Mr angry so wound up.
Still, no excuse to try and intentially knock a stranger off their bike, no matter how bad their day was.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #15
Diego

Seen that bloke at the ace cafe.