UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Brit bike on Miami beach...

Old 24-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #16
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucati View Post
Espadrills?!* (not sure how you spell it!) rolled up sleeves, dodgy ray-bans off the market - I was living the dream! Sad thing is I really did dress like that in my teens (saddo!!!)
And no socks FTW !!!

And I might have actually rolled the sleeves up on my school uniform to be cool, or that could just be my poor old mind playing tricks again
Old 25-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #17
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah blah View Post
And no socks FTW !!!

And I might have actually rolled the sleeves up on my school uniform to be cool, or that could just be my poor old mind playing tricks again
I bet you did! There is a guy who I used to go to school with down my local who still rolls up the sleeves on his leather jacket, oooo how I mock him (in my head of course!)
Old 25-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #18
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_uk View Post
I guess I probably have the rose tinted glasses on to a certain degree when I think about my time in Miami back in the late ninetees......
I know - I had visions of palm trees and pink flamingoes (are there any other kind?), linen suits etc...

To be fair, there are still plenty of palm trees - just surrounded by towerblocks these days, and I was in a traffic queue with a 456 Ferrari and Merc coupe next to me...and that is the problem - Miami is just another rammed city full of traffic these days - infact the whole of Florida seems to have more cars than the rest of the States put together!

xxx
Old 25-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #19
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
How is it with the 65mph maximum ?
Dude! You saying my bike is slow?!

Actually it's not to bad - some states have 70 or even 75mph limits on the interstates these days, and actually riding along the more minor roads at 55-ish means you get to see a lot more and soak up the sun...

Yep, I'm loving it!

xxx
Old 25-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #20
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by giler View Post
Have you been on the Tenere all trip, or diff bikes along the way?
Yes, I bought the Tenere in the UK a few weeks before I left and brought it with me (so my XR is still back home)...

I must say, it's been an excellent choice/bike - it is really good off-road, and I've taken it over some pretty serious terrain believe me... then you can just hop on the highway and ride it at 80mph all day if you like - it really is truly dual-purpose, and ideal for travelling on, particularly in the western desert states where half the roads are still unsurfaced!

I'm off to Daytona this weekend, so might get the chance to test ride a few dealer demo bikes there, but to be honest, there is nothing I'd rather be riding right now...

xxx
Old 25-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #21
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_uk View Post
Met some cool people and really got to see the real America when I headed off the tourist trail. I spent a few days in Missouri and I don't think some of the people I met had ever seen a British person in the flesh before - it was quite funny!

Hee hee - I can imagine! For my return route I'm planning oh heading through the heart of the country - Tenessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma... it will be interesting to see how I'm received there - hopefully not too many banjos... x

I can see why people hate America/Americans if their only experience of the country is Florida and the east coast metropoli... as you say, the real America is well away from the tourist trail, and almost without exception they are some of the kindest and friendliest people I've ever met!

xxx