UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Spotted: W4nker

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #31
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
If you can't grow it back, protect it. Crikey, I didn't mean it to come out like that!

Bod, you know you need a new lid.

And su999, welcome.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #32
SJR999r

am the same,going in town,leather jacket/jeans,going out all day,1 peice or 2 peice leathers,MAD
Old 04-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #33
benson

he he he - years of age or speed???
Old 04-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #34
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by su999 View Post
The general public think we all look like power rangers anyway.
Speak for yourself sunshine!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #35
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
...just came across this on the ktmforum

Just been at the side of an unfortunate fella keeping him conscious until the paramedics arrive. I then picked up his dismembered leg and helped put it in a plastic bag. Poor sod didn't even know he'd lost his leg and I was staring at it 20ft behind him while I was talking to him.

He hit a pole in the centre reservation and was wearing jeans/waterproofs.

Says it all...
Old 04-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #36
gremlin

Yuk, thats nearly as bad as the one up here, a fireman went to pick up a helmet only to find the head still in it. Makes you wonder why we ride sometimes! We were having a discussion about riding gear the other day, and we all agreed it's stupid to ride without leathers. One chap took great delight telling us they used a wire brush to get the gravel out of his leg when he came off wearing jeans.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #37
PhilLew
600 dark

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOlF8YDEmqk

No comment!
PhilLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #38
gremlin

there is also the argument that if you are all wrapped up in a cocoon of leather , it gives you a sense in invincibility and you take more chances when riding. try riding around the block without gloves and you will see what i mean
Mr G
Old 05-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #39
Thumper

Mmmm no gloves, no leathers and NO HELMET!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnSYKXZkrO8

I freely admit to riding in jeans and not wearing gloves sometimes during the summer, slows me down a lot but that aint the point as I shall later reveal. I totally agree about wearing "full kit" makes you feel a bit more "invincible". The day I squeezed into my made to measure suit with back protector and everything else, I got 5 minutes away from the bike shop and somehow managed to lock the front wheel up going round a blind corner too fast and finding a traffic jam. Missed the cars by inches and have no idea how I stayed upright.

My ex came off his ZX6R at about 20mph wearing tracksuit trousers and a sweater, at A&E they indeed used what resembled a wire brush to get all the grit out of his deep cuts and gouges in both his arms, legs and stomach. He then had laser surgery to burn off all the excess damaged skin that had died. Was not pleasant at all and the stench of the open wounds when he came out of surgery was rank and made you want to be sick. All that from losing the front under braking at 20mph...20mph.

And finally, with regard to heads still in helmets and missing legs, thats how my friend Vince died. 150mph on a ZZR600 under an armco on the A27 in Brighton, and another friend Jon, 125mph on a Thunderace, the wind blew him into the armco again on the A27 in Brighton and ripped his foot off. I then bought his Thunderace off him but it was too much to ride it seeing the deep gouges down the fairing every morning.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:56 AM   #40
gremlin

Silly sods! It's amazing how many of the stunt guys don't wear leather, I suppose it adds to the spectacle. I must admit I cringe but I'm bit of a wuss.