UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Dangerous rider

Old 06-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #31
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
what would a tongue in cheek smiley look like anyway?
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #32
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
oops, ...er,... Actually I wasn't being serious at all about the tyres. That last bit was kinda satirical, and meant only to caricature the angry demon that we all need to avoid. Maybe I should have made that more obvious, though in my defence I had previously been preaching the "don't react" message (the serious bit) quite loudly,I thought. Your criticisms of someone who would do such a thing are spot on, by the way. My point was that there's a lot of mindless arrogance out there (this type of aggression in a london morning rush hour bus lane would seem to be an example,by anyone's judgement). If I'm honest I've probably behaved a bit like that myself on occaision, but for all those who learn tolerance, humility, awareness and avoidance, there are likely to be more following who havent yet learned, and it is THIS about which it is hard to know what to do. (the letting down of tyres was meant as some sort of comic frustration at this, I certainly didn't mean it personally). Is there more aggression in the culture these days? Or am I just getting old? Anyway I think this all goes way deeper than roadcraft. Its raises all sorts of emotions when it happens to you, at a time when you need to be focussing even more on the road cos others around you are more likely to be distracted too. The bazooka zapping thing is just my strategy for maintaining a smile while I try to react dispassionately, which is about all you can do at the time. While this mr bad might be quite nice generally, the behaviour described has to be judged inconsiderate and dangerous, on the evidence given. Whether or not he was provoked by something Stuart might have done to annoy him, my advice would still be the same..he would have been better to smile, react dispassionately with tolerence, humility etc, then zapped him with his imaginary bazooka and rode on. Its all too easy to get drawn in. Blimey..no-one expects the spanish inquisition..our chief weapons are tolerance, humility, awareness, avoidance, dispassionate reactions, smiles and a bl**y great imaginary bazooka. Hope I'm redeemed now. I'll be more careful.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #33
hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blufoot View Post
Lets all go looking for him and kill him

THAT'LL LEARN 'IM
Good lad Blufoot, that's the spirit!! That made me laugh out loud
Old 08-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #34
gremlin

I'm with Hellcat, let Karma deal with him, at some stage he'll pick on somebody who won't take it and get decked. If he's that dangerous he will slip up at some stage but unfortunately he will add to the statistics and give more grist to the mill for the antis.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #35
He11cat

Well like I say is that chaps issue... and if one wishes to behave like that... nogreat loss to the biking community really... sorry.. gives decent bikers a bad name..
Old 08-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #36
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
what would a tongue in cheek smiley look like anyway?
one of these:

But I think Crust might want one of these soon:

CK, off for popcorn..........

but in the mean time.... to those who are getting hot under the collar!

Last edited by CK & AK; 08-09-2010 at 07:20 PM..
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote