UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Like a rash in London

Old 13-09-2007, 06:33 PM   #16
Edcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic View Post
One of those may be mine, another, a Matt Black 695 is a pal of mine at work who isn't on the forum and theres usually a Red M800 too. We all park up Clerkenwell Close. So that may account for a few sightings!
Was it you I beeped at down towards elephant and castle the other night? You were turning right at the lights.
Old 13-09-2007, 06:36 PM   #17
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerg View Post
then in Wimbledon Broadway in the PM
We could have gone for a quick beer - just down the round from me!

BTW - A spot thread which has actually gone somewhere for once!

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #18
Rogerg

Doh!

I remember FB posting up his whereabouts - think he was after free food.

So - I will be in Horsham tomorrow am & Worthing in the pm.
Old 14-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #19
mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcase View Post
Was it you I beeped at down towards elephant and castle the other night? You were turning right at the lights.
Nah, bit too South for me, I'd definately toot back too
I head back West usually through Acton/Chiswick.
Old 14-09-2007, 09:45 PM   #20
Paivi

What's this fashion of posting directions to thieves where your, and other people's, bikes are parked?

A very common daytime strategy is to turn up with a 'breakdown' van and just throw the bike in there. Nobody is going to bat an eyelid, even other bikers will assume it's kosher, especially if one of the thieves is wearing leathers and carrying a helmet, pretending to be the owner.
Old 14-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #21
russ77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paivi View Post
What's this fashion of posting directions to thieves where your, and other people's, bikes are parked?

A very common daytime strategy is to turn up with a 'breakdown' van and just throw the bike in there. Nobody is going to bat an eyelid, even other bikers will assume it's kosher, especially if one of the thieves is wearing leathers and carrying a helmet, pretending to be the owner.
This is exactly how an Aprilia Mille was stolen from a private car park at my old office. The security guard actually watched it happen on the cameras and saw nothing wrong. The owner only noticed when he left that afternoon. Very sad.
Old 15-09-2007, 06:18 AM   #22
Headhunter
THFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paivi View Post
Good point, Paivi. TBH as much as I love my duke than the next person on here, I'm not that worried about it. I'm very much of the attitude that if it's gonna happen there's not much I can do about it apart from making it as difficult as possible. Appreciate posting it's whereabouts on a bike forum slaps in the face of that comment.

Now don't you be going down Sun St with your hacksaw with the intention of stealing my baby!

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 15-09-2007, 07:19 AM   #23
Nim

tues morning i was riding over london bridge with a pillion...maybe it was me you saw? spose youd have remembered if it was 2 girls?

i was out last sat biking through town and east london out to essex, and between wandsworth and vauxhall i saw 6 monsters!!!! it was great!!!!! it appears that we are taking over the world...
Old 15-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #24
Headhunter
THFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nim View Post
tues morning i was riding over london bridge with a pillion...maybe it was me you saw? spose youd have remembered if it was 2 girls?

No!

Have spotted loads around London over the past year - Vauxhall Metropolis must be doing something right, or is just because Dukes are

Sir Winston Churchill