UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » LOTS commuting in the tube strike madness

Old 06-09-2007, 06:24 AM   #31
Kato
Dismantled

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostro69 View Post
Blimey. What route do you take? I do Richmond to Canary Wharf on a daily basis. 35 min on clear roads at midnight / 6am, but 50 min otherwise. I take A205 to Putney, then through Fulham and Chelsea along embankment to Tower Bridge and down to CW.
Hamton Court to Kingston to the 316 upto hammersmith then bayswater road through sussex gardens onto the Euston road and straight up to Angel 19 miles door to door 41 minutes this morning.....usually leave home 07:00 don't normaly have to go slow until I get to the Euston road then its extreme filtering the rest of the way..

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #32
Mostro69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
19 miles door to door 41 minutes
That's good going, will check out the route with Tower Bridge / CW in mind.

SPOTTED: Still tons of bicycles, and a red Vespa that nearly tripped me up on 3 separate occasions between Tower Bridge and Canary Wharf. GIVE ME SOME F***ING SPACE MATE, stop trying to molest my bike with your teeny weeny front wheel.

ALSO SPOTTED: Bloke on a 1098 in shorts, t-shirt and trainers, no gloves. Nice, but completely fking mad.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #33
banditloon

Took me 25 minutes to get to Heston services from the sunny, posh part of west London this morning. I had my sensible head on Oh and to start the day off, I had to remove a Yamahahahahahahaha rust bucket thing from my handle bars!!! Damn scooters and other small buzzy things!! I hate London motorcycle bays!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:25 AM   #34
banditloon

Quote:
ALSO SPOTTED: Bloke on a 1098 in shorts, t-shirt and trainers, no gloves. Nice, but completely fking mad.
Bit cold for that sort of behaviour on the Monster!! And the thought of getting a wasp up the shorts just isn't worth thinking about this time of the morning
Old 06-09-2007, 07:28 AM   #35
Mostro69

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditloon View Post
And the thought of getting a wasp up the shorts just isn't worth thinking about this time of the morning
Couldn't have put it better.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #36
banditloon

I've just spotted the scratch left by Mr (or Miss) Yamahahahaha on the petrol tank on my lovely Monster!! Sledge hammer wielding for me tonight then. Or I could just use the van, move the Yam to the other side of Fulham....

I HATE SCOOTERS... Actually thats a lie, I hate everybody
Old 06-09-2007, 08:28 AM   #37
Edcase

Was noticeably quieter this morning. Starting to get a little more confident on the new tyres now, although still a good inch of shiny chicken strip!

If this weather stays nice I think a trip down to Dorking could be on the cards!
Old 06-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #38
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Quote:

Probably from Rimini! All about the coolometre.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote