UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Daytona NO!

Old 26-05-2004, 02:37 PM   #16
Runningman

If you want proof positive of Daytona's legendary customer care service, read my thread "Loose bolts".
They effectively ruined my bike and walked away.

Ducati are on the case but I have been bikeless for two weeks with plenty more to come.

It's at On Yer Bike being assesed. Nobody has yet told me how much damage has been down but the words "big", "end" and "gone" have been mentioned

Btw: I heard Daytona were switching sales to Suzuki (sorry) but still servicing Dukes. Be warned!!!
Old 26-05-2004, 03:38 PM   #17
gallardo
Not Junior, Indiana..

Bike: M600
Bruza,

Dave Woods, where is he?

Still looking for someone decent,

Gallardo
gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2004, 06:25 PM   #18
Dave in USA

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruza
If any of you newer guys check out my old mails.... you'd never touch Daytona. Nightmare!
Your's and mine both...I would NEVER recommend anyone to D*ytona...EVER!

I got screwed by them...It's a long, sad, nasty tale, and I am not going into it again now...

STEP AWAY FROM THE CRAPPY DEALER!!!

Dave
Old 26-05-2004, 07:07 PM   #19
A Yerbury

just goes to show that fdsh dont necessarilly mean that much, I used to live north and east london and found daytona very handy for spares and the like, one of the mechs there had a tache and rode a beemer, he was quite helpful provided you did a bit of homework first and then dropped the question in as a random queerie as opposed to shelling out dosh for their opinions. I did read here about a guy based in wandsworth whos good for dukes, sorry I 4get the name.
Alex.
Old 26-05-2004, 09:46 PM   #20
Little Monster

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallardo
Just called the Head Office in Ruislip. I spoke to the Manager Director there who was very sympathetic and felt sorry (or so he said) and express his apologies as well as he offered me to take the bike there and promised me he'd have a word with the Angel branch cowboy. Well, don't know if it'd make any difference, but at least his tone of voice was definetely different and it felt like the right way to speak to a customer. It helped to throw it all out. Sorry boys about all my moaning today, but I needed to let you know and your advice really helped :-)
you might want to mention to this guy that all of this is getting posted on this site for all to see; if he finishes it up with a happy ending, we'll all know about it.
Old 26-05-2004, 11:48 PM   #21
Dibble

Gallardo,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, sounds like your best bet if you live in East London will be Tecmoto in Romford .. www.tecmoto.co.uk (01708 343916), talk to Wayne ...

These guys are good and look after a number of DSC bikes, they also offer a a free collection & delivery service for servicing if you are within 50 miles.

I live just south of the Blackwall Tunnell, so if you ever fancy a ride out let me know mate.

Good luck.

Pietro
Old 27-05-2004, 07:50 AM   #22
queen_gpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in USA
I got screwed by them...It's a long, sad, nasty tale, and I am not going into it again now...
That's putting it politely Dave!

Daytona's are my 'local' Ducati service centre and they're a bunch of w****** !

I use a local guy now for the 888, he's got a little workshop round the back of a bike shop nothing flash but he does the job properly and doesn't rip you off.

The monster is still under warranty and due for its 6000 miles service in July so I've got find someone to do that, it won't be Daytona's that for sure!
Old 27-05-2004, 09:22 AM   #23
james007

where is this Dave Woods fella?
Old 27-05-2004, 10:48 AM   #24
Bruza

Dave Woods is based in Aylesbury.

Not exactly London but the ride out is nice and the guy REALLY knows his stuff.

www.davewoodracing.com

Top Man
Old 27-05-2004, 12:54 PM   #25
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruza
If any of you newer guys check out my old mails.... you'd never touch Daytona. Nightmare!

Dave Woods.... the man for me now. Bloody Excellent.
DWR gets my vote too - we'll worth the effort taken to get there from Kent
Old 27-05-2004, 04:51 PM   #26
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
And my vote too. Has he still got 'my' 916 for sale?
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 03:50 PM   #27
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Yerbury
... I did read here about a guy based in wandsworth whos good for dukes, sorry I 4get the name.
Alex.
David Robinson Motorcycles
Ducati (independant)

360 Old York Road, Wandsworth, SW18 1SS.
Tel 0208 8710503 or 0208 8779646
Fax 0208 8748941

Have not used DRM myself as yet, but have heard very good reports from those that have
Old 04-07-2004, 07:41 AM   #28
marchesini
Um, thinking of something

Bike: S4r
Good egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins
David Robinson Motorcycles
Ducati (independant)

360 Old York Road, Wandsworth, SW18 1SS.
Tel 0208 8710503 or 0208 8779646
Fax 0208 8748941

Have not used DRM myself as yet, but have heard very good reports from those that have
Used him loads of times and actually bought my 2nd Monster from there. A couple of good things about Dave: he can usually fit you in at very short notice and also that he he is open until 9pm weekdays This works out really convenient if you happen to wotk in central London and need something looked at without resorting to taking sickies or days off.

best regards

simon
marchesini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:07 PM   #29
John k

I agree with Jay - Ducati ProTeam (GR Ducati) are total saints and can not recomend them highly enough !!! When Monica's alarm (data-tool) screwed up her wire loom, Ducati London south were quoting £800. Alec sorted it out for a ton, including picking it up - the man is a total class and would recomend all london monsters to get their butt down to Weir Road in south west london!!!