UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Wicked by name, wicked by nature...

Old 28-04-2004, 01:57 PM   #1
SazzaG

Wicked by name, wicked by nature...

Been phoning around for renewal quotes. A brief history:

Was only TPFT with H&R last year, with the bike in boyfriend's name as I hadn't passed my test. Paying about £600

Decided to go for Fully Comp this year (less worry), so phoned H&R for a renewal quote. He's got 1 year NCB for the Monster, and also a 1 year certificate (from H&R) for the R6 that we sold in November.

H&R gave quote of £500 (bit steep), but would only include 1 year NCB because "the two policies overlapped". I explained that although the policies overlapped, the no claims period didn't, as the R6 no claims was for 1st May 2002-2003, and the Monster insurance started on 15th May 2003. They didn't care.

So, phoned Wicked Quotes, went to great lengths to explain the NCB saga "No problem" said the girl. Quoted £313! OK, there's a £300 excess, but that seems to be pretty standard these days. Can't complain really, as I've only had my licence a year (and he's only had his for 2 years)

Just waiting for Insuremyducati to call me back, but I'll be pretty impressed if they significantly beat that.

Saz
Old 28-04-2004, 02:24 PM   #2
fatbloke

I'm with DUCATI INSURANCE give them a try
Old 28-04-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
PaulS

I believe the Ducati Insurance scheme is administered by Ramasis which also owns Wicked. I've dealt with them in both guises and they've always been the cheapest by a large margin for my set of circumstances.
Old 28-04-2004, 03:22 PM   #4
fatbloke

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulS
I believe the Ducati Insurance scheme is administered by Ramasis which also owns Wicked. I've dealt with them in both guises and they've always been the cheapest by a large margin for my set of circumstances.

all of the above is true as well as Ducati Insurance are supporting
the UKMOC track day (nice people)
Old 28-04-2004, 07:46 PM   #5
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Phone numbers????
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2004, 07:52 PM   #6
fatbloke

you could try the hyperlink on my first post of this thread or go to the links page
Old 28-04-2004, 08:12 PM   #7
walkingpictures
preneolithic frebie

Bike: S4Rs
http://www.wickedquotes.com

08704 190 430

I can highly recommend them, for older bastards like me,fully comp,Ducati 900 Monster and Kawasaki ZR1000 ...£415 and that includes £20 per bike breakdown cover...

Kimbo
walkingpictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2004, 08:08 AM   #8
Chris

They've been the best so far for me too. I've had 1 claim (3rd party) which they dealt with well and they added my second bike onto the policy with nothing but an admin charge.

Highly reccomended.