UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » insurance...again

Old 09-01-2004, 04:14 PM   #16
dukiwi

oh...and one guy told me that 70% of the premium was because i live in london. nasty.
Old 30-04-2004, 12:59 PM   #17
gallardo
Not Junior, Indiana..

Bike: M600
insuremyducati phone number?

Checked the website. Can't find a phone number. I would rather give them a call. Bloody tedious the filling up. Anyone's got it?

By the way, as my CBR6 was stolen by a lowprofile live scum, now insurance would charge me double!! Makes you feel like it is your fault!

Would you guys tell the insurance people or just keep it quiet?
gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2004, 04:08 PM   #18
dukiwi

i went for Ducati Insurance in the end. 900 pounds fully comp and i can ride any other bike with third party cover.

i just added a vespa T5 to the policy for another 40 quid.
Old 30-04-2004, 05:56 PM   #19
COR

Have you tried Hastings Direct? I've been with them on and off for quite a few years now with bike and car (not under the same policy). On a couple of occasions I've stayed with them at renewal time as their quotes came out cheapest.

A further word of advice, check your household insurance policy for protection for your kit. Most bike policies don't cover you unless you specifically ask and pay for it. My contents cover covers me for items away from the home (worldwide) up to the value of £3,000 (max £1,500 per item) and includes clothing - that's me bike gear then!
Old 09-07-2004, 07:30 AM   #20
Corsepilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by COR
Have you tried Hastings Direct?
Wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole........ :twisted:

My M750Corse was insured with them via Carole Nash. Bike was niked from my locked garage in May, just got a derisery cheque thru' post yesterday for £3570.....that's less than half of what the bikes stands me in at
Bike was a late 2001 Dark but with special Corse paint job (incl belly pan and seat cowl etc) from new by Chris Clarke MC, fitted high level sils, never riden in wet, still as new with only 1700 miles on clock.......

You think you pay insurance to protect you from thieving low lifes, then you find out later the so called insurance company is just as big a bunch of thieves...
Old 09-07-2004, 01:50 PM   #21
Scotty

buy a garden shed to put it in that counts a a garage if you lock the door with some insurance companyes mine at least errm CIA .
can get my bike in a 5'x7' shed though a slight modification was required to the door the difference in insurance might pay for the shed
Old 09-07-2004, 03:44 PM   #22
pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyBoy
If £1400 is the best you can get..I would just insure it TPFT. Youll probably find the excess is £300 at least, and if (god forbid) you did have a spill, monsters seem to crash well & cheaply (if there is such a thing !?) Assuming TPFT was about, say £500, youve got a £1200 buffer for any damage, and you wouldnt lose your NCB..just a thought mate.
I hope they crash more cheaply than they fall over
When my 620 got knocked off it's stand last year the bill
was an eye popping 1790.19 And that didn't include
the clocks which had to be changed as well as they were reading 20mph too slow when it came back (obviously road
testing isn't the dealers stong point)

Putting up with the obligitary dent in the left hand side of the
tank would save you around 800 mind you, and to be perfectly
honest mine would have been roadworthy with a new clutch lever, bars, mirror and indicator - plus a bit of crowbaring to straighten the exhaust. But if you want to put it back to pristine, then it costs....

All done direct with third party's insurance btw, the only hassle I had was with my own insurance company who decided to drop my ncb even though it didn't cost them a penny (reinstated after some strong words)
Old 09-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #23
Little Monster

please get the metal garage thingy that melnie mouse recommends. the insurance is high for a reason. you can't ever have enough security and you are gonna LOVE this monster so much you'll cry like a baby if it gets nicked. reducing the insurance is a bonus.
Old 14-07-2004, 10:03 PM   #24
cmmolloy1

Talking

i have found a site called www.offduty.co.uk

now yes I am a cop but follow the links for motorcycle insurance and it is by far and away the cheapest company i can get ins with. £333 tpft for me, 27 with no ncb. try em.

chris
Old 19-07-2004, 03:02 PM   #25
martin b

Just got my renewal form from mcedwards 137 pounds and thats with race cans and 3 points plus me little scooter .excess is 300.
i now i dont live in london but they seem to be prtty good .
telle 0871 222 7920 web www.insurance.com

hope it helps anyone.

martin b
Old 19-07-2004, 04:03 PM   #26
farl

Bike: M1100s
Unhappy Fully Comp

Go for fully comp. Had my 620 for 2 days, I'd done 26miles when some prat reversed into it knocking it over. Fortunately I wasn't on it, the bike was parked up in a bike space. I was across the road admiring it!! Despite my pegging it across the road it hit the deck. Took DLS months to get a tank that wasn't already dented and it cost the blokes insurance over £1650. Still I expect he'll look in his mirrors in the future! :/
farl is offline   Reply With Quote