UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » legal action

Old 19-07-2004, 08:22 AM   #16
jason cursley

I had peeling paint on the foremost blanking plate, I mentioned it in passing to JHP Coventry (I did'nt even buy the bike from them) they have replaced it FOC at the first major service.

I know JHP are not the cheapest, but they are in my opinion really rather good.

I just can not see how one dealer can get Ducati to pay for these warranty claims whilst others fail?

Good luck Celt.
Old 19-07-2004, 08:44 AM   #17
slug

Celt
Good news, still its a shame that you had to undergo the stress of threatening legal action.

Fylde superbikes and DUK replaced my flakey engine casines PDQ so I am v pleased with all parties.

They offered me a respray or new casings. I went for the new casings because a) we couldnt find anyone to do the painting and b) Ducati would not guarantee the painting, so if it fell off again I would be up the creek.
The down side to new casings was that the engine number would need to be restamped, fortunately my dealer has a good (well did have) relationship with CCM and got a proper stamp done. I am hoping that these new casings are painted better than the last batch.

Good luck but IMHO I would go for the new casings.