UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Project Sie

Old 28-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #46
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Thanks Stevie...I though you might recognise the location..

Just checked the Museum opening times. They are only open on the second Saturday of each month, so that makes the next one June 14th....Three weekends away.

I would be up for that. It would give the weather a chance to cheer up and also some time to pick up some other takers for the run.....Unless you have any ideas for a meet up a bit sooner Stevie?

Stu, My route to the museum takes us through Ludham, so Catfeild is not much of a diversion...Guessing from your kind invite that your Monster is not on the road? Otherwise you would be on the run.
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #47
Stued

We could meet in Ludham no worries.

As to meeting sooner do either of you go to Whitwell on a Friday? Must be quite close for you Gazza
Old 28-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #48
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Yup...I am within earshot of Whitwell, sometimes smell the smoke from the Loco's.

By all means let me know if you head that way..i can pop in....I tend to be a bit frayed by Friday evening though.
Old 28-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #49
StevieL

Bike: M900ie
Not been to Whitwell, whats that about? Friday night is out for me I'm afraid got a family commitment but how about Ranworth Staithe on Saturday morning, choice of the café or pub for refreshments and the weather forecast looks hopeful.
StevieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #50
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Whitwell Station is an ongoing restoration of the former railway station on the "Themelthorpe Loop". It's just outside Reepham near the High School.

They open the gates to "Bikers" on Friday evenings. It attracts some large numbers sometimes. Allsorts go there. I've poked my nose in a couple of times, but not sure it's really my thing...You always get the ones who act like 2@s when there's a crowd, and there have been some horrid accidents....And as I mentioned, I'm usually fairly shattered by Friday night.

Ranworth sounds nice and tranquil on a Saturday morning though....Put the time up on a new thread, some of the others might join in.

I am up for it if the weather is at least dry.

Going to try and re-mount my front discs tonight, so will say yes if I get the wheel back in.

Will PM you my Mobile.
Old 28-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #51
StevieL

Bike: M900ie
I'm sure we can do something about the peace and tranquillity, the ie is wearing Sils - will start a new thread and see what interest there is atb Steve
StevieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:34 PM   #52
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

October 2015

The Deer between the mirrors usually comes out just before sunset. I've been within a few feet of her when she was younger.
There used to be two Does and a young Buck, but there's only one now....Maybe the Lynx ate them....There were fresh footprints this weekend, just where the bike is photographed.

They are smaller than the ones we took a cast of three years ago, so I reckon they must be breeding...
Old 01-04-2016, 04:34 PM   #53
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

This Winter never really happened, so the bike has been in use every month throughout.
Consequently I've done hardly any of the planned Winter mods.
However I managed to do this little job.

Much neater than the wrist watch I had on the bar clamp.
It comes like this from China, I just had to file away two corners to make it fit in the dash.

Just add 12 volts to the leads....The adjusting buttons hang out of the speedo cable hole in the nacelle, and are not visible there, but reachable when needed.
I've wired an LED off the instrument lights so the clock lights up when the lights are on.

I've got a couple of spares if anyone wants to fit one, or I can dig out the original source. on Ebay.

Also did the first belt change since fitting the Hypermotard oil lines and found it to be a revalation in simplicity..
Old 01-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #54
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Nice, neat job Gary. Welcome to the digital age!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #55
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Thanks Darren.
It's all in the nacelle you sold me. The spare dash lived there for several months too, while I worked myself up to cutting the window in the original dash.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #56
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Its one of those omg what am I doing, I'd better not fk it up moments? I've had a similar winter with a list of about half a dozen things (improvements) I wanted to do to the bike but I only managed to do one which was adjust the clip ons and lock stops because the mot guy had said it was a finger trap on full lock. I may just fit the full floating disks/titanium bolts with the standard calipers for now and do the caliper upgrade next year now! The carbon tank/front/rear cowl paint will have to wait as I don't have the cash spare atm.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #57
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Can I send my dash to you for fitting

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:43 PM   #58
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Seeing as it's you Dirty, I could have a go...It won't be a week turnaround mind, but you could borrow the spare dash.

I know where you are coming from Darren..The paint for my tank sits on the shelf above my new compressor...Beside a loverly new EVR 48 tooth ally clutch that Pompone sorted for me...I did get an Osram Nightbreaker bulb into the headlamp though...Woo hoo!!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:45 AM   #59
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Well I've just ordered some titanium disk bolts this morning, so hopefully that will spur me into action and I can tick at least one more thing off the list!