UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello again from Nottingham

Old 26-09-2022, 07:45 AM   #1
900Rebuilder

Bike: M900
Smile Hello again from Nottingham

Hello all from Nottingham,

I've been a member on here for years but could not activate my old account (all emails linked to my old job) and so found it easier to simply create a new one instead!

For about 10 years I've had a 900 Monster in bits that I've often toyed with the idea of building but never got round to it despite several folk on here helping me out with bits n bobs over the years.

Prior to covid I did purchase a Multistrada 1200dvt and went over to France on it but never really gelled with it because whilst it was a rocket-ship it was just too big and was sold to free up funds leaving me with no bike on the road. After covid I also treated myself to a 1942 Ford gpw which is a rolling project to get running again.

Now I'm sanding out all the surface rust pits on my 900 frame ready for powder coating and will need to figure out putting a 900ie lump in a carbed bike along with purchasing some decent carbs to help her actually run!

Cheers - Ben
900Rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2022, 09:18 AM   #2
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Welcome back Ben.
Old 26-09-2022, 09:20 AM   #3
crawsue
Bronze Member

Bike: M1100evo
Smile Not so newbie !

Welcome back….again! Sounds like you’ve got lots of projects on the go. Thanks also for your comments on my YSS shock vs the rest discussion.
crawsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2022, 11:40 AM   #4
900Rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawsue View Post
Welcome back….again! Sounds like you’ve got lots of projects on the go. Thanks also for your comments on my YSS shock vs the rest discussion.
Too many project for my NHS salary! Worst part is all my bikes are in bits so 1 has to go back together this winter or I'll go bonkers next year
Old 26-09-2022, 08:27 PM   #5
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Welcome back aboard.
Do post up pictures of the rebuild
Old 27-09-2022, 06:54 AM   #6
900Rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Welcome back aboard.
Do post up pictures of the rebuild
Does this website allow easy uploading of pictures now because I always struggled with all that hosting malarky?
Old 27-09-2022, 09:22 AM   #7
dacs

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900Rebuilder View Post
Does this website allow easy uploading of pictures now because I always struggled with all that hosting malarky?
Sorry to say that you will need to keep banging your head against the wall (for now, at least) - Postimage is a popular route on here, if you select "Help and FAQ's" from the Forums select box there is a Thread "Adding a picture of your bike". Look at post number 57 on the last page for a explanation of using it.

Please stick with it, and best wishes for the rebuild, I am planning to transplant a 900ie engine into a 750ie - way out of my comfort zone, so need ideas to steal
Old 27-09-2022, 12:13 PM   #8
900Rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacs View Post
Sorry to say that you will need to keep banging your head against the wall (for now, at least) - Postimage is a popular route on here, if you select "Help and FAQ's" from the Forums select box there is a Thread "Adding a picture of your bike". Look at post number 57 on the last page for a explanation of using it.

Please stick with it, and best wishes for the rebuild, I am planning to transplant a 900ie engine into a 750ie - way out of my comfort zone, so need ideas to steal
Will see how I get on as I only have my phone to use...

From memory the 900ie has different sized engine bolts, front sprocket and probably the generator etc oh and no carbs!